Please store the lap distance of each car in the VCR file

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Ricknau, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

...in order to make it possible to create post race graphs of delta time difference between two cars. That is, make it possible to have a utility like the old GPL Replay Analyzer for rF2. This requires the lap distance of each car to be stored in the VCR replay file. It's so tantalizing to see delta times in real-time in Cosimo's Delta Best plug-in and a plot of the cars going around a circuit in Gerald Jacobson's rF2 Replay Office but not be able to go back later and analyze the data in graph.

I thought it might be possible a couple of years ago when Gerald created rF2 Replay Office ( https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rf2-replay-office-set-of-tools.45062/page-5 ) but he noted and ISI confirmed that the necessary lap distance data is not included in the VCR file.

As I recall Gerald's rF2 Replay office re-creates most of what GPL Replay Analyzer did EXCEPT the delta time difference graph. To me that graph was by far the most useful in my ability to improve my lap times. The key point being the ability able to compare my laps to any car (i.e., the fast guys) recorded in the session. (Even in different sessions as I recall). Man what an extremely powerful tool!

So please Studio 397 add the lap distance data to the VCR file.

(I always feel guilty of wishing for more work from the very dedicated and talented people who work so hard on the great plug-ins we all get to use but oh well, I guess I'm just greedy! To be honest, I'd pay to have this feature.)