Please sign my petition for ISI to include a realistic clutch option in rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Guy Moulton, Jan 4, 2013.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1

Personally Ive said many times we do need a more realistic clutch, Im not going to sign a petition about it though.

2. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

I just wonder how many simracers have driven a real car with a clutch?

3. osella

osella Registered

I would say many, if not most. At least in Europe almost everyone has a parent with car that has manual so chances are you could try it before you even had drivers license. Not to mention average age of simracers is about 30 iirc and most of these people have car with manual too don't they lol.

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

hmm I only driven a Smart once, I stepped on the brake with my left foot instictivelly while I changed up on a motorway, I was lucky nobody was following me, or I wouldnt be here posting today..

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have some issues with my G27 shifter (5th and 6th gear don't work)so I use DSD pro-shifter with auto-clutch!

6. osella

osella Registered

Well actually my G25 shifter has been dead for a long time! So what I'm doing at the moment in rF1 is that I use clutch and shift with paddles lol. It has the advantage that both hands are on wheel like normal sequential but overall I'd say it's harder than using clutch+h shifter, it feels strange to press clutch and paddles at the same time but I got used to it
    I'm not really looking for replacement shifter, instead I maliciously wait till the whole wheel dies and I have legit reason to buy everything new, this time probably from Fanatec. But both the wheel and pedals still work flawlessly so it may take a long time lol.

2 people like this.
  7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

...and this is why it's going to be really, really interesting seeing how many think they want a realistic model, but really, really don't. :)

8. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Well, I want realistic as much as possible. Would ad more immersion and safety thinking around spinning out and so on.

And also, server switch for it, so we still can have the more easy one as options.

But I would personally like a more realistic model, makes the racing experience more fun in my eyes!

Tim, can you please change the Title on Youtube thread btw, replace it with "Internet" instead of Youtube. KthxsBYE!

9. Golanv

Golanv Registered

WTB a pocket mechanic with starter engine.

I love it that if you manage to turn off the engine mid run you cant start it, just like in real formulas.

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I like idea of realistic model especially since I use clutch and h shifter. However I also wonder how to get proper feedback without ffb? Iirc grinding tranny mod made grinding sound so you could tell? That seems like it would work ok but ffb would be better of course and certainly more immersive. One thing I am begging for though is to NOT force me to NOT use clutch and h shifter like iRacing does. I hate that!

11. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Had that same problem with my G25 , the wires tend to brake were they connect with the sensor , just snip of the wire and reattach and it should work again .

+1 for the real clutch

12. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I like that iRacing has the settings for the car, the shifter, the clutch the works that comes with the actual car by default, but I do agree with you that it would be nice if you could use what ever you want if you want. Easy enough to create a button that says, "use custom car controls" and there you go.

13. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I guess I don't care since there aren't any force feedback clutch pedals and h pattern shifters out there yet.

14. O11

O11 Registered

Signed it.

I don't think ISI is going to bother to implement it though. Not enough people will be deterred from buying rF2 by the absence of that feature for ISI to care. I can not remember new features being added since the beginning of beta, only finetuning of existing ones and the addition of extra content (I can be wrong though).
    Even without that feature it will still be a very good sim. But not the sim to end all sims, especially not regarding historic cars.

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

ghost racing, being able to save and then re start a race later on. Turbo model. Those are three off the top of my head.

16. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

This is why I always press the clutch in if I know things are going south.

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1, south is bad, I do press clutch too going south..and east..and west..

18. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

And DRS, so there you have 4 allready :)

19. tjc

tjc Registered

Your not driving a real car without one...

;)

On a serious note I`ve been driving in real life for over 20 years and driven an automatic about twice...

:)

20. addyduss

addyduss Registered

signed