Please Read: Change to the DX11 Opt-in Beta

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christopher Elliott, May 11, 2017.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

In order to sync the Beta builds and the Weekly DX11 Updated content we have decided to remove the branch v1108-dx11-open-beta-last-stable.

All of the following DX11 updates will now be in just one branch: v1108-dx11-open-beta

Important: If you were currently on the stable branch you will be put back into the DX9 opt out branch - For DX11 you'll need to opt in to v1108-dx11-open-beta

Please feel free to ask any questions in this thread.

taylajee, Juergen-BY and Devin like this.
  2. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Hi Christopher.

Will you still keep up the pace with frequent beta updates, like you did with the "non-stable" DX11 release ?

Cheers!
    Max

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I am really confused about the method being used to debug dx11. This last movement makes it even more confusing.

Latest beta solves some issues, doesn't fix other ones and introduces new problems (64 bits not working in my laptop now). This is not what I understand as cumulative but as random development. Fps have also gone up and down during this process.

Whatever double check you want to try with an older build is impossible to do. Now it will get even worse. It is like a no return way.

I have serious doubts that following this path we will get anywhere soon. It seems like a trial and error based on anything. We are asked to post about results in terms of fps but no proper log with all machine and configuration characteristics seems to be required when reporting a bug. It is clear that it is the differences between machines which explains most of the difference in performance or bug appearance. I have to say that AC reporting system with the mandatory log to be included in any bug report seems a much effective system in order to trace bugs or performance issues.

I am happy to provide as much feedback as necessary but I am a bit frustrated fearing that the effort is futile.

4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

They asked for people to supply logs,or did you just ignore that bit so you could moan again

5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Mauro and Jake Loewenstein like this.
  6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The type of log I was referring is a trace log instead of a fps log. I have already sent several of those perf logs.

Have you even opened one to see whats in there? It includes config__DX11 with a compilation of information of 5000 frames. Nothing regarding ingame graphic or race settings (i would also include player json information). It is clear that frame rate is affected by many options there. Not only video settings affect framerate. Time of the day, track, number of AI, weather type ... seem to be having a significant impact in fps. Not including this information in logs is providing incomplete information IMO

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The dx9 vs dx11 thread (which you report in) also says "Use same graphics settings". So it should be a direct comparison, meaning which settings are used doesn't actually matter, as long as they're consistent. Now maybe if someone posts poor results that aren't in line with others', they'll ask that person what their settings are in order to try and track it down. The devs might understand what you're saying already, you know.

8. Torsten Krämer

Torsten Krämer Registered

I am missing in my Userdata Folder Controller.ini the file ``Skip updates´´ for FFB. That is a very important Thing for me. I can´t drive it with my DD Servo Wheel.

Gonzas likes this.
  9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Yes, I am aware of that and I have also included that info in frapslog.txt myself. But how are devs supposed to trace for shadows, clouds or other fps killing problem if that info is not being logged?

Maintaining those settings is not sufficient to understand the difference in performance amkng different users

10. Gonzas

Gonzas Registered

I was feeling something weird, maybe was that. Thanks

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

12. Torsten Krämer

Torsten Krämer Registered

@Studio-397 Stuff
    Is there any plan to bring the ``Skip updates´´ file in the Controller.ini back to the Game?