Please ISI, User Autosave for car setups

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Euskotracks, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I think it has been proposed somewhere, but since I dont see it as a formal petition in the appropriate subforum I create it.

It is very annoying when you forgot to save that wonderful setup which you were using on your fastest lap.

BASIC PETITION: Really and more seriously speaking, due to rF2 crashing, not being able to recover from Alt+Tab or simply because you forgot to save it before quitting, it would be very helpful if the setup you were using the last time you hit the race button.

BONUS: If also ligated to the best hotlap replay creation, the intrack setting could also be saved it would be great as well. You know. .. brake bias, ARB, tire compound and fuel could at thd hotlap be different to the starting conditions. Other things as radiator or wing settings can also be changed during a pitstop.

Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-G130HN mediante Tapatalk

2. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

They already had it in rF1... Is it not there now? Look in the user folders for some settings in the config files to not delete svm when the track is reset or when you leave.

3. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I searched through player.json and found nothing related.

I had the same problem when I used rF1 and I don't think that this option is available.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I know it's available in rF1.

in the PLR file.

Keep Received Setups="3"
    Default="1" Setting this to 3 allows you to keep all setups sent to you for all time.
    You have to manually clean out your received setups folder but setting this to "3" is good incase you
    forget to save a good setup someone sent you.

5. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

He's not referring to the same thing. He means if he modified a setup created by himself and it's his best setup and the game crashes.

Which is easily avoided if you save every time you make a change before doing anything else.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

The tempGarage.svm file in the ..\UserData\player folder should be a "autosave".
    Should save automatically if you make setup changes and click "race" then.

7. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Thanks for the tip redapg. I would expect it to be in the track folder so I hadn't realised about this file. Knowing it is not a big deal to rename it and putting it in the proper folder.

Enviado desde mi SM-G130HN mediante Tapatalk

8. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

While I would agree that a keep setup file instead of clearing folder is a good option.

I think that save my setup because I haven't hit save yet and I made a change, but the game crashed a bit far fetched.

#1 I've never had rF2 crash while I was in game, ever... I've only had alt-tab crashes.

#2 such a small window of chance for this to be an issue, I think it not a good use of already over stretched resources.

You never know though... They might go for it.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

Frankly, just a "You have made changes... save setup before exiting?" prompt is enough.