please help an idiot start the game (all 3 start buttons greyed out)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by yusupov, Oct 19, 2014.

1. yusupov

yusupov Registered

im getting a new x99 PC build but couldnt keep the itch at bay for too long; right now my wheels hooked up to a basic laptop & a couple less demanding sims are installed & running well. special shout out to gsc for that, iracing looks fugly but GSC, even at minimum or near-minimum, is only very rarely noticeable a distraction in terms of gfx. something some junkies may want to keep in mind when traveling or w/e.

i first installed the lite install, downloaded tiger moth aerodrome & nsx since that was the combo i wanted to try. all 3 buttons at the start (single player,online, etc) are greyed out. it greets me by name so i assume im logged in but if i log in again, same deal. did an integrity check, everything passed.i then downloaded the rf2 basic content or w/e the other DL is, that has a couple cars and tracks. in mod manager everything is installed, etc. still all grey.

i know im missing something really dumb but i dont know what, so if you could shame me with the answer, itd be tremendously appreciated. thanks

2. yusupov

yusupov Registered

wow. i just realized maybe there was prob lem since i saw this copy wasnt verified. i just had to hit the activate button and its all good. :rolleyes:

now heres hoping it can run at an acceptable frame rate..