Please fix the Radical (old) FFB S397

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Nov 17, 2017.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

I am going to have to go through and test them again as l simply don’t feel it . Most smoothing l have ever run is 2 in the palatov. Fanatec CSV2.5

LokiD likes this.
  2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

And now?

Like i said, the light ffb while low speed or understeer is caster related and S397 made it adjustable, even its unrealistic with the F2. Thats all they changed because there where no more possibilities. The ffb code is calculating the forces depending of whats happening with the suspension geometry and thats not a rocket science. The problem is that the consumer wheels provides to weak forces to generate a adequate ffb for such cars especially open wheeler. The next problem is that rFactor2 does not simulate servo steering or damping of all the mechanics so thats really unrealistic to expect a 1:1 ffb like the real car has.

green serpent likes this.
  3. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

When people complained about the radical ffb i thought it has something to do with the pumps and bounces coming through more strongly to wheel than in other cars, but if the problem exists in gt3 cars also i quess it's something else. Atleast to me gt3 ffb is quite soft compared to other cars.

Couple of things that comes to my mind that people could try is turning damping effect on if it's off and tightening the belts from motor to wheel. Atleast in thrustmaster tx (basically same wheel as t300) that was possible to do.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I had no notches when I used the radical

bwana likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just to be clear, I'd like ask about two things. What wheel are you using? And are you sure it's the open top Radical LMP style car and not the closed top GT3? The problems exist on the slightly older Open Top car and not the GT3.

6. bwana

bwana Registered

Just ran in a series using the original radical and no such issue for me , need to test on GT3 cars (amg)

edit just tested
    ISI USF2000,= slight chattering but perceived as realistic
    S397 AMG,= less chattering than F2000 again as expected
    S397 Radical.= minor increase of chattering over above 2, set smoothing to 1 and the same feel as F2000
    3rd Party GP3.= Same as radical .smoothing set at 1 to feel more like f2000.

certainly no major issue for me.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  7. lagg

lagg Registered

I do not have that problem (OSW)

8. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

so Let me get this right,having low castor means that when the tyres load all forces are removed from the steering rack

9. bwana

bwana Registered

Think you will find it’s when you apply higher caster that weight is felt forward ??

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  10. txinas

txinas Registered

I have TC-PC racer and that is my config(Only i put all force in %100) thrustmaster_zps92c4e12a.jpg

I have the "multi" in 1.00 every car .

In my opinion F2, Formula 3.5 and gp3 have got diferent ffb for the rest. To enjoy driving i have to put the Auto center by the wheel in thrustmaster parametres(60) and up some multy in the rf2 menu. The FFB in this cars are very soft comparing anothers cars.

In the real cars the wheel are very very strong.(they talk me a real mecanic in Barcelona in the GTopen). I stay in the Drivex team box.

Anothers cars i feel good and i put normal settings(multi 1.00 and auto center by the game).

Is good to create a General FFB thread with diferent profiles of diferent wheels(Fanatec, logitech,OSW.......)

11. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I had another quick test session on the Fanatec 2.5 last night and I can't say I feel any 'notches'.
    As I always say, we have a wide range of wheels run by testers, and we put in hundreds of hours in each car we test, and we never got any feedback saying it was 'notchy'.
    That said we do take everything seriously that is reported, so I will bring this up with our physics team.
    Thanks for your feedback!

lagg, LokiD, Filip and 5 others like this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Christopher Elliott There were multiple reports of notchy, grainy, 'geary' FFB in the radical release thread. They did run a little in parallel with different and more major FFB issues (which seemed to be somewhat caused by some sort of controller file corruption/confusion, fixed by starting with fresh files) and patchedupdemon especially complaining about 'zero' ffb at high loads (I think actually low FFB when understeering, common with low caster), but definitely many posts about the FFB having a grainy/harsh/'rolling' feel, when centering the wheel especially for me.

On the other hand, other people reported no apparent issues.

LokiD likes this.
  13. Christopher Elliott

I do remember this yes.

LokiD likes this.
  14. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Well remembered,i could fix the issue by creating a fresh wheel profile for the first time,but once I quit the game and returned,using that same profile the issue returned.

That trick didn’t work the last time I tried it with the new gt3 cars though.

It does sound like it’s linked to the wheel firmware/profile corruptions.

bwana likes this.
  15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Did Civic and first Radical receive the same treatment?

A detailed claim for both was posted regarding seemingly obvious bugs: medium tires and LH weight distribution respectively.

Several months later we have not even received a confirmation or denial of being a bug.

Have they been forwarded back to the physics team?

16. Christopher Elliott

This thread is about the 'first Radical' ;)
    Also let's not mix other issues and other cars here.

LokiD and SPASKIS like this.
  17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You are right, I was more focused in avoiding confusing with GT3 radical. I'll bump the issues in the appropriate threads. I hope to get the same quick answer there.

Thanks for your help.

18. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Radical SR3

19. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

T150 here.
    Do not understand the term "notchy" FFB, apparently I am either not experiencing it or not able to identify.
    Radical, I have to use 5 smoothing to avoid that insane rattle coming out of the pits,then it works fine.
    GT3 pack, way too strong feedback so I turn it way down in the settings,that's what the settings are for.
    My FFB multi is taken all the way down to 0.35, may seem too low but is related to my kart-like wheel rotation of 280 degrees.
    I use zero smoothing on everything but the SR3.
    Maybe not that sophisticated but at the end of the day I only go quicker if I drive quicker so I do not worry too much about perfecting these things.
    Apparently with so much hardware out there it's not easy to get things working perfectly for everything, plus driver preferences.

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

As far as I could check yesterday.

The noise to signal relationship was clearly higher in some cars than others.

Apparently the ones having lowest FFB were the worst. Changing FFB multiplier didn't alter the N/S ratio so it is not a workaround here. The correct amplification should be placed prior in the pipeline to the noise provoking origin (I don't know what causes it yet)

Besides, some of the cars reached clipping within normal driving lateral forces (close to the limit for sure) while other were better adjusted here.