Please fix the Radical (old) FFB S397

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Nov 17, 2017.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Come on now guys. Why does this car have such notchy ffb. doesn't feel nothing like any other rf2 car. For even having no Min force or smoothing doesn't eradicate it. Come on s397 whattdya say?

2. stonec

stonec Registered

From October roadmap:

Progress on Zandvoort and our first Radical have been slow, and we expect both to be completed in 2018.

LokiD likes this.
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

They said in the October Roadmap:
    Progress on Zandvoort and our first Radical have been slow, and we expect both to be completed in 2018.

Therefore I wouldn't expect anything to be done to the Radical this side of January!

LokiD likes this.
  4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

oh fair enuf. can I ask does the gt cars have this anomaly?

5. Magus

Magus Registered

I feel a notchy FFB in a much more slight manner in the GT3 cars. Not as extreme as in the Radical but still definitely there. I find the Calloway FFB far too strong and need to bring the FFB multiplier down to around 0.8 to match the other cars, but there is a degree of notchyness in them all. I find the Bentley the best. I use a CSWv2 & have added the FFB smoothing to 3 as recommended by S397 but doesn't really change the feel. It is a shame, as I drive the Skip and the FFB feels smooth and progressive but something has definitely changed in the coding, which I am reserving judgement on for now.

not_him_59 and LokiD like this.
  6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yeah its not in the USF or Gt500; So maybe Scratch built S397 cars?

7. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I test on both Fanatec and Thrustmaster wheels, and I don't feel 'notches', maybe you can elaborate?

bwana likes this.
  8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

oh. really chris. I have to have the smoothing around 8 to get rid of this "geary" feel when turning the wheel at any force. It like I'm not on a belt driven wheel and on a Logitech?! no other car has it. (haven't got the gt pack yet)
    But with this high smoothing value, I feel I'm loosing fine detail :(

Also how comes the ai is faster on a straight with the same default setup? (in this car)

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

This is a known issue with the AI.

10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

oh phew, I was playing around with gear ratios for ages lol

11. Andregee

Andregee Registered

There are no changes in the code and the devs don´t play with the variables of the code to make the ffb good in there or your opinion. They build the cars and their suspension geometry based on real data and the code is calculating the ffb based on that data. There are no micacles to make the ffb better on some cars compred to other, its all related to the kind of suspension geometry and the real data, so there is no scope to fix something what you don´t like. A variable caster could help, but i don´t know if its allowed licencing laws

12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

are you a dev? I'm sure you don't really know what they do behind the scenes to makes cars "driveable" in a sim.

13. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Oh cmon.
    F2?
    FR3.5?
    Ring a bell?
    Cars who's FFB was considered realistic but due to whines of it being too light at low speed and whatever it got changed to non realistic values?
    And really, I truly do not believe the physics of RF2 are so sophisticated that one simply punches in the real numbers and ends up with the real thing.
    Or that if what they end up with is not considered viable for the large player base that they will not manipulate the numbers to end up with something they'd be happy with.
    I would actually be naive to expect any different.

LokiD and patchedupdemon like this.
  14. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

T300RS here. I can confirm the Radical feels "notchy". I don't know any other way to describe it. It's the only car in rF2 that feels like that. It's like the car is running on shredded tires. Notchy, shreddy, grindy?

patchedupdemon likes this.
  15. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

T300rs here too,and I have the exact same notchy ffb,it also goes very light just after turn in.

I have the exact same issues with the merc gt3 car,but the ffb nearly completely disappears after initial turn in.

The notchy ffb is in every gt3 car for me,but the macca and Callaway have it very very faintly where it’s not an issue really and they are a blast to drive.

Out of twelve people Ive spoken to that have t300s only two said they didn’t have the issues stated above.

I don’t know if it’s a wheel profile issue or what it’s strange

LokiD likes this.
  16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yeah as I said having smoothing at around 6-8 does rid, maybe its part of cars going fwd... What do we know?!

patchedupdemon likes this.
  17. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The merc for me does feel exactly like the civic,which is weird,I haven’t touched the old radical since it was released due to the issues you state in you’re op.

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If someone had looked to telemetry he would have rapidly realized what the problem is.

Someone should build a monument to Lazza for his awesome DAM plugin.

Devs my want to take a look and review steering shaft torque to FFB values.

19. stonec

stonec Registered

You don't need to be a dev to know it, rF2 is moddable sim so everyone has access to all physics files in theory. There is no setting in those files to adjust FFB grainyness, the only thing that can be adjusted per car basis in FFB is the nominal max torque. So if a car is feeling weird it's down to tire construction, suspension geometry and setup things like caster.

20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

something is clearly wrong....

with tire construction, suspension geometry and setup things like caster.