Playing replay in custom resolution (change settings without getting out of the game)

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Louis, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Louis

Louis Registered

Is technically possible to play in triple screen res (5860x1080) and replay being saved at 1920x1080?

oikworld likes this.
  2. stonec

stonec Registered

Nope, the replay file isn't a video. If the replay was a video, it would be tens of gigabytes in size. Replays only store the position of the vehicles and movement like steering wheel, the rest is running the same way as when you play live.

Louis likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

... which means, you can play on triple screens and then restart the game using a single screen and get a single-screen-resolution replay. If you record it, obviously, since as above the replay file itself isn't video :D

Louis likes this.
  4. Louis

Louis Registered

hmmm... thanks
    So, if i play with rain drops off, i can activate only in replay. And if i can play triple screens with mid quality graphic settings, on replays i can put on everything on max but playing only in a single screen. Cool

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Marcel Offermans likes this.
  5. Louis

Louis Registered

I need to see a doctor to check my memory. I already did something like that in the past:

I remember now that i was looking for a way to use nvidia shadowplay (which i did not find na easy way to work with triples at the time)
    But now i did a little diferent. I was playing at lower res (3910x960 which i believe is 720p) with graphic settings all maxed out. Then i played the replay at 1920x1080 still with graphic settings maxed out. It Works for espectator câmeras but if i put cockpit view, the image is like condensed (as you can see in the third vídeo ):

edit: i can solve this just playing the replay at 720p (1366X768) but i will let this for the next year :D

edit2: :rolleyes: I manage to record using triples in the past. I think i was using shadowplay. Dont have idea how.... This is annoying

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  6. Louis

Louis Registered

So, i would like to change the wish to playing replay in a diferent res and graphic settings options

*Nevermind. I forgot i can change graphics settings inside the game and applying changes before playing the replay

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018