Place for rf2 news

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by P.S.R., Oct 2, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

...especially content releases. It just makes no sense to monitor developers' web sites and some developers don't announce their status here for whatever reasons. Would be great to have a discussion forum or wiki somewhere where people could announce releases so everyone in the community doesn't have to monitor multiple developer web sites to know what's being released.

2. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I and Rubens spend at least 3 hours per day gathering as much news as possible for my page, but granted not everyone uses Facebook, but you don't have to have a FB account to view it.
    And if there isn't much news that day, I start emailing a few modders I am friends with and ask them for progress reports etc, and make some news. Everything I do is to try and put rF2 in a good light and I do it as a hobby / passion for Sim Racing using the rF2 platform, I would still be as passionate with only 20 followers.
    I like Social media as a tool for this type of page as it is easily moderated and we don's see the sort of trolling or flame wars over different sims because we make it clear the page is dedicated to ISI and rF2.
    I think I am doing something right with it but I will always take suggestions and criticisms on board to improve.

Disclaimer: Unlike most other Sim news sites, I am not paid to promote anything from any developer :p:p

www.facebook.com/simracingforlife

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You do a superb job Steve, highly recommended :)

4. argo0

argo0 Registered

Yeah, it's terrific, thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah Steve, you're doing some amazing work there, for sure.
    Much appreciated!

When I go on FB I always hope that there's a new update from SRFL. :)

6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Wait I must be confused then because I am bringing this up because of your response here in the Oulton Park thread ==> http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ut-Oulton-Park?p=389056&viewfull=1#post389056

Well I only post what information Digga and SRT give me, and now I think the circuit is being updated by Nuno, so its probably best to follow his page and keep an eye on his updates here. Digga has a new project now Adelaide is out.
    My page just released an updated Assen (senormen) and next will likely be Sochi.

...which sounds very narrow to me but possibly a language issue? Regardless, the problem of Oulton Park and tracks like it remains where developers have their own cryptic sites that I am not going to bother checking 100 times only to find out nothing has changed. It simply makes no sense. But if there was a "grapevine" site where people could post when they find out about a new release then that would be helpful so at least all of us aren't futility checking dev's sites only to find out nothing has changed...

7. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Well the Story with Oulton goes. I personally asked Digga to make a decent conversion for rF2 and after about 3 months of work on the track he released, there was a small prob with Ai if I remember correctly and He quickly released an update, then from what I know... Nuno picked up the track to improve it further, whilst Digga moved onto Adelaide and other circuits.
    A group of modders whom I am close to, Digga being one of them keep me informed of the wips they are working on and let me post screens/vids etc and then eventually release news of the releases.
    For any other news on my page, I like the rest of you have to search dozens of sites and hopefully find something newsworthy worth posting, I do this in my spare time to try and centralise anything of interest to rf2 fans.
    So now Nuno has taken the track on.... like you I have to go onto his website and look for news which I would then share on the page, so unless Nuno contacts me direct with any updates I am just in the same boat. I do try and run the page like a "grapevine" site and I think it works to some degree, It certainly helps with the grey area releases.

8. philman

philman Registered

Your site is actually the best for interesting rfactor2 news. Good job. Hope it will be continued.

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Cool, Steve, thx for explaining...