PITBOXES and PTENT Textures, can assign the team colors?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by SimoG, May 28, 2016.

1. SimoG

SimoG Registered

Hi

I have a question with the textures of these objects, it's possible let him load the colors of specific team?
    if yes, what texture should be assigned? and the name of the material, it need one specifically?

Thanks

2. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

I'm not sure if you can assign special pitbox material/texture to predetermined team, but you can have own material for each pitbox (if that is what you are looking for). In other hand separate material for each pitbox is waiste of resources, especially oval tracks with 43 teams.

More efficient way is to use vertex colouring which gives possibility to have invidual color for each pitbox, but that needs 3ds max or similar modelling application + gJED.

Make single material for pitboxes, which base color is (albedoed) white. Select suitable verts of your pitbox model and give wanted color to them and re-export. Check out end result with viewer and finetune if needed.

This way you can go through all your pitboxes and give them own color.

3. SimoG

SimoG Registered

ok, thanks. It would not hurt as a function, whatever car occupies the garage, the pit wall takes the color and the team logo.

4. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

There is a function for that.

On your first pit stall / garage, give the object the material name "pitbox01", 2nd pit it's pitbox02 and so on...
    Then in your car directory, where you have your skins, put your dds with the team's logos and add the suffix pitbox to its name. If the skin is named Car01.dds, the name of that team dds will be Car01pitbox.dds

And there you go, you can have nice looking garages and tents with accurate colors.

View attachment 20057

5. SimoG

SimoG Registered

Great, Thanks

This leads me two questions:

If the skin does not have this texture that happens, it is loaded a standard one?
    These textures to work will have to be all the same, There exists a template? I would use it to map my pit wall.

Thanks Again.

6. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Your material has the standard one packed with the track. If the sim finds a custom one, it'll load it, otherwise, it's the standard one.
    I have no idea if there's a template for this. But it depends on the kind of track you're making, an oval won't have the same mesh as the European road track, so you're probably better making your own. Almost nobody is doing this anyway.

7. SimoG

SimoG Registered

Thanks.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

If there was a method (step by step) of making tracks that could facilitate customised guys on the pitwall and customised pit buildings then this would be very cool.

Would be good for future track modders to implement this in their tracks.