SOLVED Pit stop "hotkeys"

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by thoraxe, Mar 9, 2017.

1. thoraxe

thoraxe Registered

Digging into the control settings I don't see any way to bind keys to particular pit stop settings.

For example, I'd like to be able to press a key to force only tire changes but no fuel, or fuel but no tire changes, and so on and so forth.

Is this possible? Perhaps with a plugin?

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

In the main garage screen, where you do your car adjustments, you can allocate the number of pit stops for a race, session etc.
    You can also set the amount of fuel to be put in the tank at each pit stop.
    If I'm doing a sprint race that shouldn't require any pit stops I always set it for one pit stop but zero fuel.
    So if you have to pit for damage or a change of tyres for whatever reason, you don't have to worry about unneeded fuel being put in.

In the in-car HUD screen there is the pit screen.
    Whilst driving around you can change items in the list to suit your needs.
    When you want to pit you push the button/key you assigned for pit request and about 10 seconds later a message will pop saying the crew is ready for pit stop.
    You can still change things in the pit list after the pit crew is ready.
    If you don't request a pit stop it will take longer.

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

As for plug-ins I think the Crew Chief spotter plugin may do pit adjustments by vocal command.
    I'm not sure as I haven't used it yet.

Another couple of things I forgot above.
    The controls for changing items in the pit screen are, I think, LCD up, down, increase, decrease.
    You can also unrequest a pit stop by hitting the request pit stop button.
    If you have don't have damage there will be no damage listed in the pit screen.
    If you do, then it will be listed with options to fix all or some damage.
    Same with penalties, they will show in the pit menu if you have been baaaaad!

In the player.json file, there is a line "Smart pit crew: pit crew will fix/ change things you may have forgotten" or something similar.
    I turn that off, I'll tell my monkeys what to do, they don't get paid to think or try to be smart.

4. thoraxe

thoraxe Registered

Yeah, I was hoping you could "quickly" change pit settings with a single key while driving. But knowing you can set the strategy in the garage settings ahead of time is also a good tip. Thanks.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think this would require some sort of voice command. One of the differences between the rFactor family and GTR2 was the latter paused the sim while you made your pit choices. This meant you didn't have to try and drive AND mess with tires or fuel. But the reward for rFactor2 is the added flexiblility, you have more options but that requires you must make the choices in real-time.
    I am in the same boat at ADSTA, I 'think' the Crew Chief plugin may help, but I'm still working on a headset/microphone to use it.

6. Anmol

Anmol Registered

And how can I change the HUD screen where the pit options appear? Like to change it to see car condition etc?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think it's called LCD mode. Work your way through the available controls in settings, there should only be a handful that aren't obvious.

8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Not too hard once you get used to it. Rare occasion these days that I do pitstops but I would set it when I'm on the grid. If there is chance of rain I leave the LCD mode open so I can change tire choice on the fly.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Hehe, just noticed it's a necro.....:rolleyes: