Pit speed override in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by bo1210, Jan 29, 2020.

1. bo1210

bo1210 Registered

I have tried to override the pit speed at Sao Paulo, but can't figure out what the game wants from the two lines in multiplayer.json. I have overridden with a 1 on the top line and used a variety of numbers on the bottom. Everything forces 4kph.

Attached Files:

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

You have to set the value in the entry
    "Pit Speed Override":0,
    And you have to use m/s.
    So for a limit of 100 km/h, you would have to enter this
    "Pit Speed Override":27.7778,
    if i have calculated it right. :D

3. bo1210

bo1210 Registered

Thanks for the reply, Bernd. Hmmm... the top line defaults to zero, so I thought putting a 1 there would actually override. And yes, aware of the meters/second and kph difference...not sure why they wouldn't accept straight kph number. I will try that. Thanks again.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Did you have rF2 (server) and the Launcher closed before making changes and (I hate to ask) did you save the file?

Regarding the km/h and m/s, I guesstimate m/s is used in the software and development because seconds are the base unit of time and they don't have to worry about that annoying number 60.
    Just a guess remember.

5. bo1210

bo1210 Registered

Yes, indeed. Both were closed. I knew any changes to the json file would require a restart and I did save the file each time after making changes. Thank you for the reply, ADSTA.

ADSTA likes this.
  6. bo1210

bo1210 Registered

@Bernd I misunderstood you. I thought the first line was a toggle that turned the override on and off and the second was the actual overriding speed limit, but that's not the case. The second line is merely a description of the first. 0 is off and any other number is the meters/second that WOULD override the track's default pit speed limit. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks to you and @ADSTA for your help!!!

Bernd and ADSTA like this.
  7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

You are welcome.
    I think, i just have the advantage of 15 years experience with manually rfactor file editing. :D

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Same here @Bernd.
    @bo1210 whatever is after a hashtag is just a comment.
    Just make sure in the line you edit the double quotation marks, the colon and the comma are all there with no spaces.

"Start Engine":true,
    "Start Engine#":"Whether to automatically start engine",

9. bo1210

bo1210 Registered

@Bernd You shouldn't have said that, now all my json questions go to you! Just kidding!
    @ADSTA Thank you, sir! Duly noted!

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

(sorry for breaking in here off topic)
    And THIS example should ALWAYS be false. I don't want no majik fingers starting up my engine if I went and stalled it!!

11. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

psst @davehenrie , that setting is for when you jump in the car only. Trust me, I know, I stalled last race. :oops: It wasn't my fault, I swear to any deity.
    In fact in 12 years with rFactor I've never had my car autostart anywhere except the garage.

Here's one you definitely want "false"
    "Smart Pitcrew":false,
    "Smart Pitcrew#":"Pitcrew does things even if you mistakenly forgot to ask (one example is changing a damaged tire)"