pit macros? roadmap?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by thoraxe, Jun 21, 2018.

1. thoraxe

thoraxe Registered

This has come up in relation to Crew Chief -- is there a plan or way to have "pit macros" as in some other sims? Especially if racing online, having to edit the pit settings while driving is... hairy.

2. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

There's a free program called g-hotkey (g-hotkey.com) that might do what you want. I used it with F1 2016 a couple of years ago to create macros to do stuff inside the MFD. It was a nuisance there because the MFD options changed based on the type of race you were running. I looked at the RF2 pit menu tonight and think it would be relatively easy to create macros because it's just a matter of programming cursor up, down, right, left, etc. it looks like the selector starts in the same place every time the pit menu is opened (on the fuel line). The top line is the Damage line and I don't know if that become selectable if you have repairable damage. I also didn't go into it in enough detail (I wanted to race and not explore tonight since I have to work tomorrow) to find out if the tire list changes based on if it's wet or not. There are several keyboard macro programs out there. I selected g-hotkey back then because I needed to do direct input with F1 2016, and it was the only one I could find that did that at the time.

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I used to have something very similar ages ago. Autohotkey or one of those programs.
    It did work in a clunky way.
    The mapping of mouse co-ordinates and writing macros was tedious for someone new to that style of program.
    I find using two 3-way on off on momentary toggle switches, one horizontal and one vertical on my steering wheel, much easier to edit my pit stop.

4. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

It's a lot simpler to do in rF2 than in another popular sim ending in 2.

it's possible to use Voice Attack to create these type of "macros" - there is a free version that has limited commands per macro but should give you enough to do this.

5. thoraxe

thoraxe Registered

Good call on the hotkey program and thanks for the research.

I think a combination of some customization of Crew Chief and hotkey programs will do the trick. Basically it would be great to be able to either hit keys or request things like:

"pit, just tires"
    "pit, just a splash"
    "pit, damage only"

or whatever.

I have a Fanatec wheel with a joystick. Hard to drive and joystick and change settings all at the same time. Also not realistic.