Pit Limiter engages randomly during a race

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by StanSparks, Nov 10, 2022.

1. StanSparks

StanSparks Registered

Hi,
    Recently (2 days in a row), I am having a problem with randomly engaged pit limiter (or sometimes windshield wipers) while I am on a track. These accidents mainly happened when I attack curbs at Knockhill or Nordschleife. I do not have the same problem in ACC, so I suspect that it is related to rF2.
    I tried to turn off any driving assistance in settings menu, but that did not help.

Well, right now I am trying to find any reasonable explanation on what is happening.
    May be somebody else had similar experience? Or may be somebody could share an idea on the issue.

Thank you.

2. StanSparks

StanSparks Registered

Updates.
    I have switched to new Fanatec Control panel with new drivers v447.
    I am going to add recommended settings for rFactor2 that applied to my ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There are auto settings for the Pitlane limiter AND the wipers. So, you have already done the first step, Turn OFF the AUTO wiper and PL.
    Next assign both of the commands for the manual wiper and manual pitlane commands to keys on the keyboard. This will eliminate any stray signals coming from your wheel as it tries to respond to your curb riding.
    If that cures the issue, then you may have the first inklings of the control board on your wheel or wheel base starting to fail.
    Another problem could be having too many USB devices drawing power from your motherboard.
    You have started the correct investigation, keep trying to isolate the problem. either assign the wiper command to a keyboard key or turn it off completely without assigning anything(at least while testing) Same for ALL the auto commands, turn off items like the auto engine start(shudder!), auto brake when starting, etc.

StanSparks likes this.
  4. Diogo Silva2

Diogo Silva2 Registered

It could be a problem on your steering wheel pins. It happen to me on T500RS and on a Clubsport. With wear and connections starting being a bit loose vibrations will cause you that.

Or your steering wheel it's not well attached to the base, or some pin it's almost broken.

It's normal start to happen in rf2, you have so much more ffb around here. But it's gonna to get worse, and will happen to you more often with just little vibrations.

StanSparks likes this.
  5. StanSparks

StanSparks Registered

Thanks davehenrie, I am going to continue to look through the settings and set recommended numbers from Fanatec as well. Just need a time to do that.

Diogo thank you for the info. I was hoping that problem is not in wheel it-self, but ... yeah, that might be it. The first thing would be to check if it loose and then review settings. In worst case scenario, I will have to disassemble wheel and check for those buttons (may be there is replacement somewhere on a market).

Thank you guys that is helpful.