Pit Exit Cut Detection

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Alex Sawczuk, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  2. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

great, it works :)

atomed likes this.
  3. Brutten

Brutten Registered

Thank you for the explanation.

4. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

Thank you so much! We need more guides like this. :)

As I wrote on the news section:
    We need full documentation and details about new cuts system, how to properly set it up in our custom tracks and cars, every parameter and configuration needed. "Hey, you just choose default or strict" is not enough for league admins, please take a little time for that, like the perfect explanation we got in track dev forum about pit exit detection.

DJCruicky likes this.
  5. Alex Sawczuk

I'm back in work tomorrow, I'll put something together as soon as I can.

Flipo, Javibeza, juanchioooo and 3 others like this.
  6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

"In order for these connections to not be made automatically, add an invisible wall at AIW generation time along the white line, with a face only facing the pitlane."

Do we need to temporally activate this invisible wall each time we do any edits to the AIW? Think this is where I'm going wrong. My pit exit branches are keep coming back when I save and reload track even if I'm not editing anything on the pitexit.

7. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Had the same problem with the coming back branch connections. redapg gave me the hint to place the wall a bit going through the surface and then hit "find corridors". Voila, the branch connections are gone

Emery and DJCruicky like this.
  8. Alex Sawczuk

AFAIK they should only regenerate when you find corridors

DJCruicky likes this.
  9. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

No they get reconnected as soon as you reload the track. Tried this today a bunch of times.

10. redapg

redapg Registered

And you did the "find Corridors" with an added Wall Mesh, that separates the Pit Out Waypoint Section along the white Line?
    And did you, to ensure that the Wall really separates the main from the Pit Out Path, stick the Wall a little bit through the Surface?
    If you do that and reload the Track and don't do "find Corridors" again, the Connections normally stay disconnected.

11. Alex Sawczuk

I just tested locally and they do seem to regenerate at least in some circumstances. I need to look into it

12. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

I opend a Track from the Workshop (Road Atlanta) to edit the cut corridors. Due to this I also edited the pit exit cut detection. I removed the branch connection and adjusted the corridors. The next time I load the track again all removed branches are back. I didn't hit find corridors.
    Because it's not my track I don't have any Temp Wall. Ofcourse I could do one but the only thing I would to point out is that they get reconnected.
    Maybe the problem is that I only edit the cut corridors and not also the collision corridors. Which I suppose are different when there is a temp barrier during the find corridors process.

13. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Doing it as redapg describes should work - without the temp wall it will not

14. redapg

redapg Registered

The Wall is necessary, to completely separate the main from the Pit Waypoint Path, when you do the "find Corridors".
    Editing the Corridors by Hand is no good Idea in this Case, i guess.
    EDIT:
    And i would suggest to give the Wall a Thickness of maybe 20 cm.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  15. Alex Sawczuk

That's not a viable solution in many cases. It will give penalties if you use the other side of the line on the race track, which is usually legal.

redapg likes this.
  16. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

@Alex Sawczuk Is the pit exit cut detection also dependent on the values for cut detection in the gdb?

17. redapg

redapg Registered

Thanks for the Clarification.
    The Problem with this, like with other Features too, is the Lack of precise Information that we Modders get.
    If we would exactly know how the Code handles it and how exactly it has to be done, Things would be much easier for us.
    In this Context, may i also ask here, what the following GDB Entries, that you did mention HERE, exactly do?
    It's
    CutNextLapThreshQualifying
    CutNextLapThreshPractice
    CutNextLapInvalidDist

18. Alex Sawczuk

I said I would explain correctly once I have time. At present I'm trying to fix more pressing issues, sorry.

redapg and Manfredk2 like this.
  19. Alex Sawczuk

So yes there is an issue it needs code.

And there are still some things that need fixing before I share full details about how to customize things, because I don't want people customizing them one way, and then another way is required afterwards.

SLK, redapg, Emery and 5 others like this.