Personal best and top 10

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by linebacker, Dec 9, 2018.

1. linebacker

linebacker Registered

What I think would be a good addition to the sim is to have a window where you can view your best lap times for car and track combos.
    Also, when going online with rf2, rf2 uploads your best lap times and rf2 downloads the top 10 times from other simmers for the car and track combos which you have installed.

It would be helpful as there maybe simmers who don’t have much time available for online racing like myself so it’s a good way to compete against others without having to schedule time for a whole race. Instead it’s a hot lap challenge.

torig, mantasisg, Emery and 3 others like this.
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

It's a great idea, really, for everyone and especially for the offline community.

The offline must be as developed as the online is to be.
    We must not leave anything out.
    The key of the offline is the improvement of the realism of the AI, and especially the correction of the numerous insupportable bugs.

3. linebacker

linebacker Registered

exactly, because at the moment i cant compete with anyone unless i race online, i dont always have time for a race. at least this way i can complete hot laps when it suits me then if im good enough, they get uploaded and another point, when i do hot laps now, where are my best times? in the replays i guess but isnt it better if you view the times in a list order for example?
    i hope Studio 397 implement this feature, at least then i and other simmers can compete against each other.

4. Emery

Emery Registered

The window with best times for track/car combo was a feature of rF1 and just went missing in rF2. Try this until a better solution comes along: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ffline-and-league-championship-manager.48117/

And Replay Office will easily extract your best lap time replays: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rf2-replay-office-set-of-tools.45062/

JimmyT and linebacker like this.
  5. linebacker

linebacker Registered

Thanks Emery, I didnt know about those two tools, just about to download them and try them out.

can I add just one more thing?
    imagine if Studio 397 select a car and track combo for x time like two weeks. You can then develop a setup, practice and upload your best hot lap time. Im not saying there should be prizes except for bragging rights by the no 1 driver.
    now, does that make your mouth water?

6. linebacker

linebacker Registered

JimmyT likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The idea might be part of the competiton enviroment they are attempting to build. Instead of practicing off-line and uploading times, you 'MIGHT" practice online and complete hotlaps before a specified date. Those would be tracked by the server and saved automatically. You could, IN THEORY, come back at any time to examine your best lap at a supported venue.

8. linebacker

linebacker Registered

Yes that would also work quite well, you can set the times when time suits. I would like to participate in comps like that but i just dont have time for a whole race.