Performance nuisance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Comante, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

I own a I5 with a ATI Sapphire r9 270 dual x mounted, and with a recent driver update/and/or build update I discovered an annoying issue.
    When I launch RF2, I can get 2 kind of experiences:
    A) The framerate can go up to over 200 fps (I cap them at 119 even if I have a 60 hz monitor), in this case, the green bar (GPU memory) is roughly half of the total, the game is silk smooth, the FFB is amazing, I can drive better and faster, have more fun, making less errors.
    B) The framerate can't go over 82-85 fps, the green bar is maxed out, FFB appear impaired and dumbed down, even if FPS is more than monitor refresh, the simulation appear to be much less smooth, I can tell istantly in which condition is the sim.

Aside a driver update, that is scheduled, do you think there could be any other reason for this problem? When I get it, I just need to close RF2 and restart it 2 or 3 times until I find the "bingo" condition.

Any idea?

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Do you mean the "Ctrl + F" green bar (GPU mem) or the "Ctrl + C" green bar (GPU + CPU load)?

3. Comante

Comante Registered

I mean the CTRL-C , that show the green and the purple bars. When things go wrong, green bar is maxed, purple bar is unaffected.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015