Performance Issues 2070 Super

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by djvicious, May 31, 2020.

1. djvicious

djvicious Registered

I hope this isn't too redundant of a thread, but I find there's SO much information out there, I am struggling to find an answer to my issue.
    In January I upgraded from a GTX 1070 to an RTX 2070 Super and I've noticed bad VR performance in VR. Tracks that may or may not be optimized like the Road America v1.4 run awful now when they were silky smooth with my old video card. Games like AMS 2 run like glass in VR with maxed out settings.
    Specs: Ryzen 7 2700X,
    RTX 2070 Super 8GB,
    16GB DDR4 3200,
    Asus ROG Strix B450F,
    Oculus Rift,
    rFactor 2 is installed on a dedicated Samsung 250GB SSD.

I run everything max but texture settings, track detail, shadows on high, Opponent detail low, shadow blur off, Anisotropic 16x.

Can someone help point me to the root of my performance issue? Do I need to enable/disable something in the Nvidia control panel?

Thanks for all your suggestions!

2. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

reduce number of AI to max 9 when playing offline and use only official content

3. Comante

Comante Registered

To fine where the problem is , a bit of testing would help.
    I would start changing a SINGLE parameter at a time.I would start with SHADOWS, after all the tweaking, a old trick to gain some FPS is to reduce the view distance of rear mirrors, you find the value in player.json. This can't change from day to night your problem, but can help shave some FPS.

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

update windows 10, which sometimes give updates problems, so it happened to me, a 2070 super is very good graphics and should not give problems, so I think it is another problem with libraries:);)