Performance and trace not logging in the race

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Remco Majoor, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

So I had a very poor experience in today's VEC race, where I got really bad frames with 45 cars, whilst in practice with 55 cars (thanks to Jimmi I could test this) I had a stable 60 FPS. Another problem was that it felt like the left and right eye of my VR headset got out of sync which game me a watery effect.

Now I wanted to send both my performance and trace logs, but I look at it, and the GFX, PHYSICS, and PT only have a few lines of code in them. The trace has nothing in it at all. The log of the practice session before, and the practice after, and from the replay, are there though and completely filled (MB's big).

Can it be that the logging is killing the frames (as that did come with the latest update no?), or is it something else that killed the logging? I really want this fixed, as it was undriveable today.

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Can you upload those anyway? The trace log is probably not too relevant if you have performance issues. The others are.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CG9AtLurQ2eqEKF54v7q2WYCLLLg8Goo/view?usp=sharing

There you go.

I just thought of one big difference which just hit me between testing and the actual race. I was on the new UI, but because that one stopped working (crashing to desktop when loading up), I went back to the old UI.

I also added trace logs for the session directly after for comparison (practice after the server restarted the weekend)