Perfect SLI Scaling w/ rFactor 2 - Great Job ISI!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Jul 12, 2015.

1. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

rFactor2 SLI performance is not OS related problem. I have tested win 7, Win 8.1 and Win 10. There is only minor difference with GPU loads and fps.
    Reason to SLI performance problems is NVidia profile (rFactor2 Mod Mode.exe, rFactor2.exe) created 2011-09-22. When ISI updates gmotor2 and additional SLI optimizations etc. or Nvidia releases new driver and when ISI never submit the latest build of the rF2 executables to Nvidia so that Nvidia can create new working SLI profile it is ISI and their communication and relationship with NVIDIA which is the reason to rFactor2 SLI problems.

:(

2. Magus

Magus Registered

Yes, but it seems that for some people running W10, they are having no issues running rF2 in Sli. As you state yourself that 'There is only minor difference with GPU loads and fps'. However it seems for a handful of us that with W10 we are experiencing significant performance loss, so something to do with the Nvidia drivers in Sli for those small number of us. I was wondering if the people running the Kepler architecture in Sli were effected so badly when upgrading to W10 and experiencing such a significant performance drop. Hence, why I aimed a question @delapecs asking whether his PC profile was still up to date. SO far I know of 2 instances with people running GTX 6XX with performance issues under W10/Nvidia drivers. Just trying to gauge an understanding of the variable causing the performance loss under W10.

3. gkz

gkz Registered

so many thanks for this post. Fixed my issues with the Rift DK2! Had broken performance since build 998 and now it works again after applying this. (rather wondering how it ever worked without it:D)

4. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Yup, sorry, I updated few days ago and not update the profile yet. Now I'm running Windows 10 with 355.82 and the sli performance is best as with Windows 8.1 with the drivers who works with Lego bits and gave 20 fps boost (don't remember the exactly number, too much versions of drivers lately :eek: )

Edit: Profile editor doesn´t let me choose Windows 10.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2015
  5. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Are you using GeForce Driver WHQL 353.30 ?

6. Magus

Magus Registered

Last time I upgraded to W10 I used the 356.04 drivers & am also using them on W8.1. Unfortunately on 353.30 with W10, surround display would not work correctly so getting rF2 on MV was not possible.

7. Magus

Magus Registered

Thanks. Well I guess it just narrows it down to those possibly using GTX 6XX that are having issues with Sli under W10 and not the whole Kepler architecture.

8. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I think you should take a closer look to you system and make clean install of GeForce Driver WHQL 353.30. I can not find any bug rapport from http://www.geforce.com/ about non working surround Win10/353.30/or worse performance with cards with Kepler architecture.
    GeForce Driver WHQL 353.30 and SLI Compatibility Bits 0x02D04005 gives huge fps boost and perfect SLI Scaling w/ rFactor 2 as Spinelli claims. I bet you get +- 100fps with WHQL 353.30 and SLI Compatibility Bits 0x02D04005.
    Use DDU and give it a go mate. :)

9. Magus

Magus Registered

I always do use DDU when installing drivers BUT I will give it another go now and report back later.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

20 fps boost is junk unless you're single card framerates are something like 25 fps. I wouldn't be happy with that. That's probably like a 20% framerate boost or so.

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes you are right. In my case 2x 780Ti i7 4790k WHQL 353.30, SLI Compatibility Bits 0x02D04005 vs WHQL 355.92, rFactor2 Default Compatibility SLI Bits > 100% boost.
    I think most are using 60hz/60fps and they are just happy to get bit over 60 fps. :(

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's not clear the +20fps is SLI vs non-SLI; as earlier in this thread it might be one driver to another, SLI in both.

Or maybe not.

13. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Does windows in its latest itteration park cpu cores, especially intel cpus, as windows 7 did causing frame rate and stuttering issues esp in SLI?

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Not sure about 10 but the core parking issues of Win 7 are a thing of the past with Win 8.1 so I'm guessing for Win 10 as-well.

Setting the power options to "high performance" is a good idea too.

Worse-case scenario, you change a registry setting (or download a tiny file that changes it for you) which actually allows you to adjust core-parking characteristics so that you can make sure it never happens.

Core parking can cause quite a bit of performance issues and hiccups in Win 7 gaming even with a single GPU from all the stuff I've read over the years so it's good to do the above steps. In Win 8.1, I use "high performance" anyways as I have "balanced" limited to lower (stock) CPU clock speeds and voltages, and I have "low power" set to even lower clock speeds and voltages as-well having core-parking enabled.

15. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Thank you, appreciate your help.