Penalties for cut-track warnings

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jakub Brzeziński, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Jakub Brzeziński

Jakub Brzeziński Registered

In R5 of GT Pro the rules state the we will get a Drive Through penalty after receiving a 4th warning (so 3 warnings and then a penalty). I received a DT penalty with my 2nd warning and the cuts were very marginal. My theory would be that in wet conditions (2nd cut) the game thinks we gain more time by going off the track than we actually really do.

To add context, I never received a warning while having two wheels on the kerb, so those two offtracks are really marginal.

Attached Files:

Risto Kappet likes this.
  2. lagg

lagg Registered

I suppose that you're asking for opinions.
    I don't think that any of those offtracks are marginal.
    You should have received a warning in all the cases.
    The four wheels are outside the white line.

3. Jakub Brzeziński

Yes, I do agree that those cuts deserved a warning. However, the server was set to apply DT penalties when a driver was given 4 warnings, not 2. I know the system can apply penalties sooner if it assumes the cuts were much bigger, but this clearly isn't the case here.

I'm not asking for opinions, I'm trying to point out to developers that the game can sometimes recognize small cuts as much bigger ones. I only need to be a tyre width more to the right here to receive no warning at all, yet the game thinks those cuts are big enough to warrant giving me a DT after having only 2 out of 4 warnings.

EDIT: You talking about "all the cases" made me think. Please be aware that one of the examples I showed is a legal lap, not all of them are cuts.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    lagg likes this.
  4. lagg

lagg Registered

Yes, i said "should have received a warning"
    White lines are the limit of the track.

5. Jakub Brzeziński

The kerb is clearly part of the track for the game here as about 200 other laps of using that kerb with no warnings prove to me. Regardless, the point of this thread has nothing to do with it. The only point is that the game gave a DT penalty after half the warnings it was supposed to

Ho3n3r likes this.
  6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Only thing I can think of is that you got two close together, before the first message could disappear. Or the server was set wrong.

7. Jakub Brzeziński

I know there were other drivers that got at least 2 warnings without a penalty and I'm 100% sure I didn't get another warning right before either of those. The very same thing happened a while ago in another series also in semi wet conditions. That's why I think there is an issue with the way the game deals with it.

It's just hard to make anyone pay attention to the point of conversation, when it's easier to say "don't cut"

mermoid, yashiman and Ho3n3r like this.