PEASE Hlep - How do I block online server from changing my settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by boxer, Nov 14, 2014.

1. boxer

boxer Registered

Please how can I stop the online server from changing my settings/I don’t care what the online admin wants to see for his settings... that his preferred settings not mine.

Why do I have to constantly change the series back to "All Tracks & Cars", and to list view UI style every time I go back to offline play (that was the setting I already had before going online)..
    I just don't get ... what am I missing? This is very frustrating.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Not sure what you mean ?

The place you run has some sort of tracking ?

Things like that have nothing to do with ISI.

ISI do not change any settings, they are innocent. .............. I think ? lool

I am also open to the probability I may not know cows dung about exactly what you are referring too...... >>>>>> lopl

3. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

He means some multiplayer settings override single player settings and he does not want them to.

+1 to that although I'm not sure if I have the list view thing???

4. boxer

boxer Registered

this...
    View attachment 14862
    On the left are my preferred settings and on the right are my settings after I come back from Online Play:(

5. boxer

boxer Registered

exactly... sorry I meant tree view/ it depends on what the server is set to... if you have the shuffle and the server is set to tree view you will get tree view when you come back... (this is what am seeing anyway).

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Ahh doh he means resetting clouds and crap ?

You do not need to do it all the time mate :)

It would only save one set for offline at best anyways.

What I would do ( if I did not host ) is to make your own dedicated server, even call the Room Mod "Offline" includes all tracks you use, set up the dedicated menu ( for each individual track ) same way you like offline and save it by loading the mod online.

It does not matter if you can't run a proper room or no one can join.........okay.

If you close that and then go back to offline it will have the same settings. ( ie: ...same combos as any other mod/room you joined was set by admin ..............seems logical ? )

So.......... after any server that changes your settings, leave, host your own, load the "offline" room, the last rooms settings will be retained, then leave and close online, go offline and settings should be exact.

May be a few clicks but less then what you have been doing for last 2 years. hehehe

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Switching mods when going online is normal. Even rF1 would automatically switch mods when joining a server. But the tree view/spinner not retaining is a bug and I agree it is annoying.

The last used mod is set in the player.json. You could write a simple powershell script that changes it back to all cars all tracks in the json file before launching the launcher. But it's probably not worth the hassle.

8. boxer

boxer Registered

Thanks Durge/Noel
    the dedicated server sounds like may be a good idea but not something I am familiar with... I have to read up on it.
    for now I'll just make a backup of the Player.JSON file and overwrite it with a batch file every time I come out of the MP...

And yes I been doing this for two years... very frustrating.

9. matf1

matf1 Registered

Or you could make it read only.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

10. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

This is a pain and with some users, myself included. In spinner view after going into single player from online session it would take an absolute age to load up cars and tracks. My work around was to use the minimalist UI.

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

This helpes somewhat:

open Player.JSON
    under "Miscellaneous"
    There is a line called "UI State":59,
    If set to 59 the car and track menu stays at list view.
    You can´t avoid that the game has the vmod loaded, so you still have to select "All cars and tracks" though.

Greets
    Pete