pc crash i lost the hard drive and monitor on the same day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by les, Jun 15, 2012.

1. les

les Registered

yes i lost both the monitor and hard drive on the same day so i went out got a new hard drive and a 40 inch monitor for all the racing stuff and wow what a difference it is in size, i can see better much more detail now as well trying to get a balance though it seems with a bigger screen more jaggies, and now with another build out and a new track, wow!!! the sad news is all the tracks (oval) tracks i was working on are lost in the hard drive that crashed i had 6 tracks ready to go and one i was finishing up. im starting over now

2. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I wouldn't give up on the old hard drive so quickly, les. Try installing it as a 2nd hard drive and running file-recovery software on it. Free stuff out there like Piriform's Recuva might help.

3. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Had my 2nd hard drive fail last week , stopped the system from booting until I unplugged the power , strangely if start the computer then plug the power back in while the system in running I can then soft reboot and use the drive , so managed to get all my files back .

4. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

sounds like someone had a power surge!