SOLVED PBR material “white patch” and shiny problem

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by zxd1997, Feb 21, 2020.

1. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

Hello, I'm trying converting cars from rF1, and add some PBR effect by use the new material system.

Edit:SOLVED

I fix them, and you know how? Just export them in .fbx and import into 3dmax and export again, amazing thing happen, they all become all right! What a ..... I don't know why, but the white just gone.....
    But I can see that in 3dmax the white part of the mesh is not the same with the other mesh, so there must be some mesh problem in the model..... But never mind, it just fixed.

If anybody came across to this strange thing you can try to use 3d software to import and export again and try...
    TIM20200222013131.png
    Original:
    But on some cars some strange thing happen, some face of the model just white and shinny, other parts are all ok with the same region color (I use GREEN), and only some face of model shines like that....
    and I remove materialOverride="xxx.json" to disable PBR, it just come back to normal TIM20200222013257.png
    and only two car models have this problem... All others seems all OK.
    the part of skin is
    TIM20200222014152.png
    and region map is
    TIM20200222014252.png
    it shouldn't have any difference....
    in 3dsimed shows the original look
    TIM20200222014611.png
    and another car, huge white shine in bottom, a face of model
    TIM图片20200222015311.png
    same car without pbr
    TIM图片20200222015519.png
    Maybe because the old model? all the skins are the same, but without pbr it's all OK
    Anybody know what can cause that? The model? or rF2's problem? or just incorrect PBR settings and so on?
    or any way to partly disable pbr in some region? I use color outside RGB white and black just can't solve this, need to disable it completely
    PLZ help me, Thanks in advance for all your help.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

3. Brent

Brent Registered

Is the region map a different size than the skin? Or did you just crop the skin you posted here? I'm asking because they are not the same size. If they are not the same size or same height to width ratio I'm quite certain it won't understand how to apply the region map correctly. I've always used a region map that is exactly the same size as the skin template. Same goes for all of the other textures, damage, aospec, albedospec. Only exception is the metalflakes texture. More info here.

https://docs.studio-397.com/develop...ith-new-ibl-pbr-car-shader/ibl-carbody-shader

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    zxd1997 likes this.
  4. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

the old mod i just made region and skins are the same resolution, but all the ratio are the same, and all other parts work perfectly except some little glitch. I'm sure that the region are apply correctly because all other parts and other cars works perfectly with pbr, I can confirm that with black region which i use chrome effect, all match and work nicely ...... so I'm confused with these white shiny...

5. Brent

Brent Registered

Ok interesting. I’ve only encountered everything being all white or not. Are you working in the showroom in devmode? On track in devmode you can confirm all the layers of the shader are setup properly.

The only other thing I can think of is the face normals are pointed in the wrong direction and it’s an issue with the gmt.

6. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

yes, on track every other part work perfectly, just one or two faces. but without ibl shader it's normal, so strange.
    Maybe I need to tear some of these faces apart to attach new material without using pbr....

7. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

I fix them, and you know how? Just export them in .fbx and import into 3dmax and export again, amazing thing happen, they all become all right! What a ..... I don't know why, but the white just gone.....
    But I can see that in 3dmax the white part of the mesh is not the same with the other mesh, so there must be some mesh problem in the model..... But never mind, it just fixed.