Pause menu not showing

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Pedro Marques, Jan 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Pedro Marques

Pedro Marques Registered

Whenever I hit ESC to pause the menu isn't shown so I keep seeing the cockpit but cant click on anything and because of that I have to go on the task manager to kill rf2 :/

2. pouloghostgt

pouloghostgt Registered

same here any updates?

3. Pedro Marques

Pedro Marques Registered

Hey rFactor support, anything on this? It is extremely annoying and I cant use the product I spent so much money one.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ESC is not Pause, but return to the garage. If you have assigned ESC to the Pause function then it is operating correctly, PAUSE freezes the program and only some keyboard commands work. If this is your problem, assign PAUSE to another key, I think the default is usually P. Also in the menu where you assign keys, there is a section called ASSISTS & GAMEPLAY. Near the lower right side of the screen is an option to assign what is called ALTERNATE ESCAPE. Try assigning an un-used key to enable that.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If what Dave says doesn't help, maybe try renaming your controller.json file and start rF2. It'll create a new one.

@davehenrie just for info, pressing Esc during a race will pause and show a menu when in single player. The same can happen in all sessions by setting the "Exit Confirmation" parameter in the player.json to 2.

But this does sound like the game is pausing only.