Patch Notes or Updated Beta Notes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carr, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Carr

Carr Registered

I see a lot of people talking about a patch today varying from 1GB to 11GBs but I am not able to find any information about what it is, only that the GT3's have been released. I also found a new Beta version available in the list which was a 54MB patch but again no information about it.

What is now required for compatibility? Is the new beta required for the latest DX9 update? Are we going to get any patch notes or information at all?

While I am here, are you going to provide information about what is required for the new rain effects and damage model so people working on mods don't have to remake them again.

Nibiru likes this.
  2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

3. Carr

Carr Registered

Thanks Goanna. Didn't think of looking there as I don't have any interest in getting those cars ATM.

I am guessing tomorrow they will be fixing the update blunder having pushed the 1109-DX11 beta as the 1109 DX9 main build causing all sorts of problems.

Now we just have to wait another 5 years for them to release the details as to how to make our mods compatible with the new systems if they ever do.

Nibiru and TheGame316 like this.
  4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Ohh the sarcasm, so constructive and refreshing...

Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  5. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

So I just downloaded 1gig of cars I don't even plan on buying? Please tell me there is more to this update than just DLC cars.

6. Carr

Carr Registered

There is no sarcasm there. I have been waiting for about 4 years for a complete tyre parameter guide which still hasn't been delivered and now the tyre has yet changed again. Every vehicle that has been updated to DX11 (ie. all of them) have the vehicle files encrypted so we can't see anything to work out any changes. There is minimal support on the forum and most threads leaving us just more trial and error with blind parameters.

rFactor was always a modders platform which relied heavily on the community for content, without the information to make decent mods the community slowly dwindles. I understand that S397 are doing things to try and recoup some costs and make the game profitable but it shouldn't be at the sacrifice of the people who have supported it through ISI neglect.

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

That is simply not true, there are plenty information out there, and examples to be found in DEV (not encrypted)

I've updated most cars to dx11 in the VEC version of the URD cars, no issues finding information or help when needed.

8. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

So where is the information for the most recent tyre model WiZPER? What about the previous dev blogs from ISI times, only 1 part of the tyre blog was moved to here and is no longer accessible on ISI site. As for changes to the graphics model settings, how can you keep up to date with changes here if any current content is encrypted. The DEVmode car(Skippy) info is from July 2016. Many changes have been made since then.
    As Carr said, rF was a modders platform. And yes that created good and bad mods, which there will always be(even from major developers). The key to quality is to provide these modding teams with the info to create a set quality.

Nibiru likes this.
  9. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

On a similar note.
    The update to 1109 is "not" automatic for DX11 anyway.
    Usual updates start when you open the rF2exe and it connects to Steam but not this time.

So for those that are having trouble joining servers or seeing anything different you may need to either buy the GT3 pack were your install will be updated to V1109 (I assume) or do it manually via Steam rF2/Properties/Beta dropdown, choose V1109. This is for DX11. I don't know about DX9. That may update automatically. I'll need to check.

[Edit] Update.
    Just now looking through community screenshot. Someone has uploaded pics of the new GT3 cars and the watermark at the top of the DX11 BETA still showed V1.1108.
    So DX11 users must update manually regardless.
    Again I have no idea about DX9 users.

It really would have been nice to have been informed of this in the release notes Studio 397.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Jego and Emery like this.
  10. whitmore

whitmore Registered

DX 11 build 1109 does not seem to have the build designation in the right hand top corner as previously could be seen. How is the latest build version of the beta now identified and where is it found?

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The only way seems to be checking rF2 properties in Steam. In one of the tabs you have internal build number.

However, I would expect to recover the previous way of displaying it ingame or an alternative one provided it can be checked ingame.

I fail to understand why something that was useful is suddenly dropped. I typically have several versions installed for testing purposes for which checking at steam is not a solution since it only works for the one linked to Steam.

Checking it in the launcher would be nice in order to avoid opening single player or multiplayer.