panoz vid. ( by inside sim racing )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
  2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

3. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Yeah. Silly all this time not driving just b/c video card, though.

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

rF2 rocks! :)

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

:)

6. Emil Zhelyazkov

Emil Zhelyazkov Registered

:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

7. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Is there really dirt on the track? Never noticed that before.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

About freaking time Inside Sim Racing gave this title some love.
    I lost almost all respect for Darin after some ridiculous comments he made in a rF2 thread on the Inside forums.
    "Wah wah wah I'm a spoiled little child, rF2 is the worst sim ever because my system doesn't play it well". World's smallest violin for you, mate...
    This video is nice though.

9. sg333

sg333 Registered

ISR is an iracing fluff show, take the entire thing with a massive grain of salt.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

not sure if their sponsored by iracing like they were before, it seemed to have got better lately a bit more varied
    nothing against iracing but it used to be pretty much an iracing show (since they were sponsored by them anyway)

11. Axly

Axly Registered

Darin has taken quite a bit of flak in the forums there from several people (me included, though I've tried keeping it objective and nuanced) regarding the total lack of rF2 coverage. Let's all just be happy that they released this test drive, and that he seemed very happy about rf2 :)

I had my doubts and actually expected the flak taken to tint the review (esp. after some rather odd and agressive statements as hexagramme hinted at above), but I must say he proved me wrong here. I felt that he rose to the occation and gave a properly objective and genuine test drive. My hat off actually.

12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

It's is spinoff of iracingtv. Personally, I haven't been able to stomach that show for quite sometime. This link was posted on rF2 Facebook page and I still haven't watched it.

13. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Isn't this the first (the old) version of Loch Drummond he is using??? Can't check right now, but the tire stacks in the chicane were removed in the second version, right??? Or where they added then :p Haven't run this track for way to long clearly :D

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Yes.

15. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

Well, here's something to consider. Darin would want to provide the best quality video he can, but with his previous setup, he couldn't provide that. Imagine you had a YouTube series, and people were begging you to cover a title that was unoptimized to the point where it was essentially unplayable on your system.

Some excerpts from the post you're paraphrasing:

"rFactor 1 kicked ass.. I can't say that about rF2. Yet.... Someday I hope to, but how much longer do I have to wait ?"
    "This isn't my first go around either trying to get it to run. I've read that SLI isn't supported and thats my problem? Tim Wheatley actually told me that too.."
    "Lastly.. I want rF2 to be a great sim.. Right now.. It's missing the mark for me. Poor graphics performance, lack of cars and tracks for $90? How can I tell my viewers it's a great sim when I can't get it to run decently on my system? Should I BS it? "

Far cry from what you're saying is going on.

I'd also like to share my thoughts... DirectX9 came out in 2002... TWO THOUSAND AND TWO. Minor updates until 2004, but still, DX10 came out in 2006 (a year after rFactor came out). Admittedly, DX10 wasn't that great, but DX11 is at least good and stable. I'm not saying ISI should switch to DX11 for fancy graphics sake, but maybe consider it for stability's sake. for better Multi-GPU support, for better rendering, and performance.

I gotta say the physics are some of the best out of any sim out there, but I have to say, stuttering REALLY breaks immersion, and can lead to weird things. Part of having a great title is giving it wide compatibility. ISI's on the right track though, just keep making a stable base, and they will come. ;)

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Fair points. But nope, it wasn't that post. Can't find it right now, but he started attacking rF2 "defenders" on the ISR forum in a thread, and it got pretty pathetic pretty fast.

Of course rF2 deserves the best exposure possible. But Darin really, really handled it badly back then.
    I'm glad he's come around though. Many people watch Inside Sim Racing, and many people will become aware of rF2 through there.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

RFactor 2, RFactor 1, and all games based on RFactor 1 have pretty messed up multi-GPU support, but ONLY when using the combination of triple-screen mode + Multiview mode.

The base game works fine with multi-GPUs, even in triple screen mode. It's only when Multiview gets enabled that something then screws up the multi-GPUs.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
  18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

re. multi gpu

Darin seems to be getting better results all round now he's on a single gpu, it's good that he can finally run rf2,
    I'm really looking forward to his full review as he sounds quite upbeat about his panoz experience.

I've used both AMD & nvidia multi gpu setups in the past & did my very best to get them setup as best as possible,
    in some of the mainstream titles the fps was higher but I always found the graphics more fluid by switching to one gpu,

going to a single gpu ( which worked out good for me as I only had to buy one water block) was a good decision,

I read the similar complaints on the iracing forums about multi gpu performance so I don't think it's just an ISI title problem

19. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

You need to do some benchmarks Spinelli, you say it scales well with multi-gpu if you don't use multiview. That isn't an experience I have seen anyone else have. If you have found a way of making SLi worth it I would like to know how and what settings. And also the framedrop test, fcat is it? The thing that measures micro stutter anyway. It would be helpful as you are the only one on here with 2x 780ti that I know of anyway.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Not any longer :( , I literally just sold it a couple hours after my post. I didn't want to, but when someone offers you $760 Cdn for 1, and you only paid $1180 Cdn for both (including an evga backplate and 3-way SLI Pro Bridge) then I couldn't say no.

Guess what, I already miss it :( and am back on craigslist looking to get another lol.

I wrote down some benchmark comparison data for RF1 and GSC 2013 (and other non-ISI engine based games) but the RF2 results I never ended up writing down and saving.