Panoz GTR1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edu, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It is pity that we probably never see this iconic race car in rF2.

SRGP and kantenflimmern like this.
  2. boxer

boxer Registered

How about the Champcar is that still in the cards? (the #1 reason I bought rF2)... :-(

jayarrbee36 and Shamrock like this.
  3. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Agreed. Not sure if I played it in RF 1, but I recall it being lots of fun in GTR 2 and I think it was also in Sports Car GT. Those were the days :)

ECAR_Tracks and marmagas like this.
  4. muz_j

muz_j Registered

kantenflimmern likes this.
  5. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I hope in a full Panoz roster, the actual ones (Gtr1, Alms GT2) plus a GT3 (Abruzzi) and GT4 (Avezzano) and why not? Even the Panoz LMP-1 Roadster S...
    [​IMG]

jayarrbee36 and Alex72 like this.
  6. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

Project Cars 2 will feature the Esperante GTR-1
    [​IMG]
    In-Game right there.
    Every bit of news I read makes me more excited for this game. :D

7. muz_j

muz_j Registered

I won't be convinced on it until I've actually played it. In theory it sounds good, but I'll want to know how it drives if at all possible, before throwing money at the sequel. #1 in my opinion feels comparatively dead with its force feedback compared to RF2 and it also has over steer configured into the game by default, to assist people using gamepads. I know that from a reading a direct quote from the lead developer and RF2 does require more physical wheel movement (again by default). Lastly I e-mailed them about adding in a filter option for online races, so you could restrict who could join your race based on their choice of gaming device (PC vs consoles effectively), as I go really, really sick of the in race behavior of a lot of console players. That might be harsh and sound biased, but I stopped playing it for the combination of things I've mentioned. And I could tell from watching people's driving who was using what type of game controller.
    This might sound elitist - but the honest truth - again in my opinion, is there is a marked difference in online racing behavior between RF2 and Pcars. RF2 is obviously only available on PC and I think it generally caters to an older and more mature audience. I have never experienced the crash and bang style of online racing in RF2 that would occur time and again in Pcars.

....so I'm kind of interested, but wary at the same time and I'll need to be convinced it's worth my time and money before investing in it.

....your thoughts?

8. Emery

Emery Registered

I think there's more good in pCARS 2 than pCARS 1, but... as far as I can tell, the AI remains unchanged, so be wary.
    If someone were ambitious, it shouldn't be too hard to port the rF Panoz cars to rF2. Then all you'd need are better models.

9. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

They are working on it no need to port it...if a dev will chime in and tell us the car is no more licensed we can start, after the panic, to find a way to port it...
    @Marcel Offermans sorry for the tag, but we need to know...

10. boxer

boxer Registered

Keeping with the Panoz theme.. it's not complete without this... :)

[​IMG]

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

ACK! :eek::D

Would love to have the Panoz DP-01!

12. filippu

filippu Registered

What is really curious is that some of the cars were modeled (we saw the screenshots of the Corvette DP) and somehow it gets replaced.
    A car is made and/or licensed, and then it's not used. Time wasted, money probably thrown away, something doesn't look right here.

13. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I've seen them state in the past that some cars where (only / mainly) waiting on data before release, so the physics part was not complete. While I think it's a shame that we won't get to see the Corvette DP, I believe it was replaced because the real car (and class as such) doesn't exist anymore, and they wanted to bring something current.

14. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

[​IMG]

It doesnt?
    Looks pretty current to me. ;)

15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Inside simracing has a video testing PCars 2 at E3 i think. The guy said he is not worried anymore about the physics after he tested it. Each car seem to have had an actual race driver for that specific car (the driver who drive the actual car in real life) and the only ones to give input to the developers on how each car should feel/behave.

Even though i hear this im still not convinced, lol. :D

Reiche likes this.
  16. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

it is replaced as of this year, so last year it was still in action ;) . It was a class in the United Sportscar Championship, and has been replaced by DPI (don't know name for sure). Those new rules allow manufacters to enter a car that is basicly bodywork + engine, as the chassis of the car must be LMP2. Also, they have a BOP (balance of performance) in which the cars performance is not only levelled (or tried to level at least) to each other, but also to the normal LMP2.

17. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

[​IMG]
    Yes, it is. Thanks to the free time we all have, Chris has been busy on this. Damn good job so far. Should have something soon.

boxer, jayarrbee36, UGM 133A and 3 others like this.
  18. vava74

vava74 Registered

IDTDoug = SloDoug? Presumably, Co-Author of the Panoz DP01 mod ChampCar 2007/2008?
    If so, I can only say that I worship the floor you step on :-D
    That car is AMAZING!!! As is the Lola!!!
    Any work planned? You mention above that yes... but... nothing seems to have happened since April last year.
    And, what about the iDT tracks? Any plans to work on them?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Rough generalized physics evaluation of the two 2nd Gen Daytona Prototypes.
    Chevrolet (Corvette inspired design) High Downforce
    Riley Low drag compared to the Chevy.
    Tight circuits favored the Corvette, fast tracks like Daytona benefited the Riley.

20. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered