Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Apr 18, 2015.
brilliant idea jim that's exactly how i do it in IT
After some investigation I can only say at the moment the problem cannot be fixed... it seems more related to the track than to the mod, but in few cases can be also related to some shader unwanted effect track/car related.
We have shadow issues on Loch Drummond with our cars too, for us, it's related to this track.
Read Page 8, my post #157
Thank you, missed your post, is there some issues with that when used on cars? or is it only for the tracks?
I think that this object is just used for the tracks. In this form i have never seen it on cars.
And also Tosch wrote:
2 months and half of silent work... and in the next days we'll reveal the improvements to the Palatov D4. Mainly Chris "redapg" and I worked hard, spending hundreds of hours for improving a mod that was at a very high level since its first version.
Best of luck, SM, hope you are able to implement all of the latest bits of info you have discovered.
What? You mean it's going to get even better???
Awesome. So far I've spent most of my time with the 4WD version (I think it's the hillclimb version) and at Croft; it's a blast!
Improvements to an already near perfect car?
Damn. That's hot.
This is the list of the improvements we have done:
- new rear 3d suspensions, gearbox and other mechanical parts to update the D4 to the latest real car version (by Chris "redapg")
- added the new "open" rear by default into the upgrade options to let also the previuos version available
- added trackmap into the dashboard (cockpit): if map is not available appears the Palatov logo
- added filler-cap to the body
- optimization of shadows
- optimization of all shaders and values for several parts
- few new textures
- new planes and textures for (under/tire)shadows
- 3d remake of main and minor parts of the whole mod for improving SP and MP performances and for a better graphical quality (by Chris "redapg")
- fixed unwanted behavior of "power oversteer" making some manual changes to the flex chassis made by ISI's spreadsheet (after a long conversation with Dennis Palatov, we toke the decision to use values for having a more rigid chassis also for compensating the temporary lack of code in rF2 for the patent pending suspension system of the D4)
- added "fake" nightlight to the motec(s) from external/swingman cam view
- recalculated TGM "GrooveEffects" and added new "GrooveSqrdEffect" for each compound
- graphic improvements to the dashes
- added nightlight to the dash 2015 model, added also the choice for the color (upgrade)
- switched the dash 2015 by default
- added nightlight to the "old" dash (due to rF2 limitations, to see the nightlight on, you need to insert a gear)
- added working powerswitch (needs to set "ignition" key)
- added new working lightswitch (also out of cockpitview)
- added working mirrors out of cockpitview (it works depending of track reflections)
- remeshed body just over the cockpit for better look
- few little improvements to the cockpit 3d
- new rivets, new hi res steering wheel bolts
- fixed missing driver name into VEH vs RCD
- changed default values of tire set for HC into HDV file and deleted the lines to change tire set into the upgrades files of Custom and Hillclimb classes
- new order for Classes into the UI: 1. Trackday MP, 2. Trackday, 3. HC, 4. Custom hoping people will use TDSE at first...
- changed CGHeight= from 0.250 to 0.260 for HC and Custom equipped by HC rollcage
- changed surname of "Hermann" to "BY" on request into Talent
- changed performances of Chris into Talent to a better level (lol)
- added missed "rlframe" to the Custom spinner.gen
- added changes GeneralTorqueMult*= to Custom and UPGRADE for Custom.
- GeneralTorqueMult*=0.96 vs 0.98 for normal aspirated engine due to the new value assigned to the ClutchFriction, for fixing maxspeed
- new turbo1 and 2 engines for fixing rpm idle issue, if auto clutch off
- new ClutchFriction value in all 3 hdv files for decreasing the rpm difference if auto clutch is on or off
- new chassis + susp + hdv + cockpitinfo + upgrades for testing new data and steering wheel made by ISI's spreadsheet only
A short video in draft that shows the new "open" rear and mechanical parts closer to the latest real D4, animated switches, nightlight for motec, trackmap dash and 3d/graphic enhancements to the "spartan" real dashboard:
I can affirm the new version can be considered a "new mod".
Wow. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! This will continue to be a favourite car in rF2 for a long, long time
This car is already amazing. Looking forward to checking out the beast(s) within the "new mod" .
Also, for those who didn't know, there is also a D4 for rFactor 1 (made by Palatov & Maher Solutions). It's a nice car there, but not quite the quality found in this rf2 mod. Any chance that this could have some old shaders applied to be able to "replace/update" the old rF1 mod (the rF1 mod doesn't have headlights so I can't race at night, hence the reason for me asking )
Good stuff, SM! Quick graphical thing, can you add some occlusion? The internals looks a bit too well lit and of similar shade vs the rest of the car.
uhmm Gui, I think that the "flattening" depends of two reasons: you are looking at a "static" image that doesn't show reflections, shadows, etc...; the second is that cockpit itself, as you know, is very spartan. We have remade dashes, switches, buttons, rivets, etc... in some cases also adding reflective materials (at the minimum to avoid annoying reflections); ahh there is another reason: I'm not able to render it as you suggest, but I hope that looking live at the new D4, you will appreciate it.
Separate names with a comma.