Palatov D4 NEWS!!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Apr 18, 2015.

1. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Just one word for this awesome work: WOW!!! Just did a couple of laps in the small one at Loch Drummond, and absolutly fell in love with it!

Thanks to everyone involved in this project! One question, is the new CPM working on this?

2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

CPM is one of the best features of the D4, but to have it fully working we have to wait for a new build of rfactor2. ISI made the basis for generating the 3 compounds: without their help we'll never had the chance to enjoy a such unbelievable feeling in driving it.

3. FlyinFinn2

FlyinFinn2 Registered

Thanks for this mod, its brillant! made a short video, on the videos section. Thanks!

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Come on man, no need for that. VR is slowly but steadily realising that rF2 is not a sim that can be ignored, and I find that things are becoming more balanced lately. :)

5. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I thought it would be fun to go for a drive up the Trans Highway in the Hillclimb version... 3 hours later I realize it's past my bedtime... Thanks D4 Dev Team!!!! :)

6. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Sorry for reposting, but this thing is IT! The best FFB i ever experienced in a racing sim, it should come with a sticker "strongly addictive!".

Where is all the feedback guys? Or you all still on track? :D

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

We are too busy racing this baby to be posting on the forum! :D

You're absolutely right, it has some of best force feedback of any car in any sim.

8. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Absolute blast to drive this car....like everywhere!!

I find it fun to take this car (trackday) and leave the GT cars in the dust on most tracks. Doesn't seem like it should be able to, but it does, and it feels great to do it :D

I've driven this car almost exclusively since it's release, and will continue to do so. It's awesome!!

9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

You sure about that ? I couldn't find any news about the Palatov, but plenty of betas wips and preview videos of version 0.1s for AC. Boycott remains.

10. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

Who is VR? and what is AC?

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

No, I'm not so sure about that anymore actually. In fact I'd like to take my words back.

Personally I've had it with VR. That site not only neglects some of the most important releases and news concerning rF2.
    It promotes harassment, flaming, trolling and all the worst nonsense you can think of, while warning/banning people who are actually trying to have a real discussion and provide actual information.

Boycott VR? I can only say I understand your choice completely, and if others feel the same they should follow your example.

I still feel there's too much mis- and disinformation in the comment sections there, that really hurts certain sims, so I'm not quite ready to ignore that completely.

But the direction VR is going I'm likely to follow suit someday.
    That site isn't for racers. It's for trolls, flamers, haters, liars, kids and god knows what else.
    If you feel like having a mature sim racing discussion? Take your business elsewhere (to Sim Racing Paddock for example), ain't gonna happen at VR.

Edit: VR didn't mention NOLA being developed for rF2 either. Gingerman Raceway and Neva Ring was never mentioned either.

*cough* Sorry, end of rant.

Back to the topic at hand. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
  12. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

VirtualR, Assetto Corsa.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I decided to be patient and wait and see if VR would post something. I don't think they are opposed to rF2, they are just lazier when it comes to seeking news.

So what could be better than putting in a user-suggestion in their official process. I did that one week ago and again thought I will be patient over the (USA) holiday weekend. I included a link to the official release thread and made sure they knew it was available via the launcher, so not just another random mod. I don't see any story. Draw your own conclusions.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Same story back when I informed them of Neva Ring and Gingerman Raceway.

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Palatov D4 coming soon!

What u need to do is send them a fake preview of an AC mod that will never exist and laugh when it is posted in under ten seconds. Better yet, record yourself submitting both stories and the non-resulting post for the first and the instantly resulting post for the other.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
  16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah, I'll try to submit a picture of a single random polygon and say it has something to do with AC. It should make the top of page 1 in no time. :D

17. MHansen

MHansen Registered

A completely different thing, but would it be possible to get the people behind the Palatov's to reveal how they have connected the headlights with a light on the dashboard?

18. redapg

redapg Registered

Take a look HERE (read the whole site)

19. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Adding my belated thanks to all involved for this release. What a fun little car! :cool:

20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Guys, try Portugal and the new Atlanta with the D4, dreaming to drive the real one! Perfect tracks for both Trackday and Hillclimb.