Palatov D4 NEWS!!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Apr 18, 2015.

1. yusupov

yusupov Registered

im not sure thats even a competition...if it is i need to check out SRW!

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Mostly curious, not that I think rF1-based SRW will out-do this one here. But my SRW won't even launch or update with some obscure error... Not sure if I will bother fixing it?

3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

4. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Full lap at Oregon Raceway Park in the Palatov D4

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Quick update: after more technical help by ISI, we'll be ready in a couple of days to start the fourth round of external tests that we need to confirm that, notwithstanding the changes applied to several coefficients, the behavior of the car is the same or better of the one we set to be closed to the real car.

In addition we made few changes to the collision body, few millimeters height from the ground, seat range movement for a better view of the dashboard, etc... for a better experience with the car in the game.

Thank you.

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Sounds great! Looking forward to it!

7. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Hmm, I thought it was perfect already. ;)

8. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Kinda crazy, walking around a local car show today and I come across a D4. Owned by the local high school. They had the body on bars so people could see the chassis. Would be nice if my high school had this!

View attachment 16562

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

No kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. dpalatov

dpalatov Registered

it's not a D4, it's a 'formula prototype' based on my very first design - the dp1. i donated the design and all the tooling to them http://www.formulahighschool.com/formulaprototype.html the students have evolved and improved the design and did a great job! there are now three highschools in the program i think, and it's being introduced in australia soon.

for the history of dp1 development:
    - initial design blog http://dpcars.net/dp1dsn/
    - prototype build blog http://dpcars.net/dp1bld/
    - test and development blog http://dpcars.net/dp1test/

the original car was then converted to electric http://dpcars.net/dp1e/

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you very much for clarifications and details. I'm sure every body will appreciate these info!

12. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Interesting. Is there a competition between the highscjools? I'm part of a formula student racing team. And there's a great competition between the teams. Every season a scratchbuilt car.

13. yusupov

yusupov Registered

This is gonna be so cool ahgggggr

14. dpalatov

dpalatov Registered

yes, as part of the overall formula highschool. the main goal is to learn what it takes to build a car from scratch (rather than being a completely fresh design as in formula student/FSAE). what they're doing in australia is starting with simple formula cars that are a fixed design, then moving up to formula prototype where there may be opportunities to change a couple limited things. the focus is on hands-on building skills. it will make excellent preparation for formula student so that highschool graduates start designing with knowledge of what's necessary to build. i judged FSAE for a couple years and i can definitely say that this would be beneficial :)

15. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yes. A very good preparation. It's really hard to realize how many things have to be watched. But its fantastic when you see your baby "growing". But thats a really long hard way with some steps back. View attachment 16578

16. Corti

Corti Registered

Here in Spain there is a company that manufactures models that are mostly used in local and regional championships hill climb. They are the Silver Cars and are quite a spectacle.
    http://www.silver-car.com/english/index.htm

I would like to see a Palatov competing in my country. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
  17. dpalatov

dpalatov Registered

i would love to see that too! :) we do have a D4 in taiwan and it held the overall track record there for some time.

18. dpalatov

dpalatov Registered

would be interested in hearing a comparison. the SRW car was based on our original rF1 mod and has been out for quite some time. there is also a D1 in SRW although for some reason it's rather 'detuned'. i find that the SRW version of the D4 is too easy to spin and doesn't have enough grip. when i mentioned that, their solution was to reduce engine torque... but, it's in there and they did get us that EVO article so i'm grateful for that.

generally as a company we are agnostic towards sims (i do like rF personally). if there's someone willing to implement one or more of our cars in a particular sim, we're happy to assist, provide CAD and help make sure it's as real as possible within whatever limitations exist. would even like to see our cars in the console games for that matter :)

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The more the better for general promotion, but I hope you can agree that rF2 would be the choice for someone who wanted to experience the closest thing to reality before purchasing. Honestly, I haven't even bothered to try to fix whatever's wrong with my SRW installation and now that I read what you just said I am glad I did not. There wouldn't be any real comparison. The best mod ever in rF1, which was amazing in its time, is unplayable if you are now used to rF2 level of refinement and fidelity.

20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I'm so closest to the Vallelunga Circuit that I can offer for free my time to promote the D4 in Italy, but Mr. Palatov not yet sent the car here... Why???????? lol