Painting a Megane

Discussion in 'Modding' started by nickbalti, Nov 3, 2013.

1. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

This might be a random request but I have decided that I'd like to stick to driving the meganes, so I'd love my own paint job. I have downloaded the template but I have a few questions.

I know you can enable the wire frame but is there a way I can actually see what parts will be specific to the car. Like labels? I get so confused looking at a blue square not knowing whats the front and whats the back!

Secondly, is there a way I can preview the work without loading RF2 after saving every edit? And on this, is there a way perhaps in RF2 that I can rotate my car to view it? I can only get the one view in the tuning menu.

Thank you

2. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Anyone? Please :)

3. lopsided

lopsided Registered

I take the template and paint the questionable items a variety of colors. Now save as a DDS and load it up as a finished skin.

I open it in the garage view and using your mouse you can rotate the car view to see different angles.
    I take a few screenies and now when I go back to work with the template I can sort out which part is which by the colors I have applied.
    If you take your time and do this nicely you will have a "new" template which will make future skins easier.
    Hope that helps.
    Bailey

4. JGraf

JGraf Registered

try: single player, customize, showrooms.
    select another showroom that rotates. (default is only a static screenshot)

the skin reload feature in the tuning area/showroom is broken, restart is the only option for now.

5. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

for previews is also Deep Explorer + megane's xfile