Paint Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Registered

Hello,
    I have a big problem. I already painted a megane skin. everything worked! No I wanted to paint a Clio Skin and I have 2 problems:

1. When I save it as DDS file a error message while saving is coming : problems with the graphics module interface.
    2. same at window-file and rim-file

because of this my windows are no longer transparent and the car is reflecting toooo much!

Anybody got an idea whats the problem??And can explain me what in photoshop i have to do?? I wonder because everything worked fine with the Megane Skin and only at clio-files I have this problem.

Can anyone help me with this issue??

nice day.....

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Sounds like there's no alpha channel on either template. Hard to say without seeing them but that would be my first guess.

Open them in Photoshop and click Channel tab, Should be 4 layers with the bottom one being Alpha 1.

3. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Hey fellas. Last night I tried my first attempt at skinning in PC sims and of course rFactor2 was the sim of choice to start with. One question I have is how do you paint on the Vette's windows? I assume there was another file for that but I don't see it. I was MUCH better at doing this in Forza lol. Well here's a look at my first one.

4. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Here's a better look:

[​IMG]

still working on it...

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Okay did anyone really find an answer how to name the clio parts?? I have finished my skin and it's visible in game... I made windows and rims too and added in the same map. But as someone said a few pages back, they will not appear in game if they don't contain "alt" and that makes them car skins too... So I have 3 clio skins now. One that's correct with my skin, windows and rims. But also One car with a big rim texture all over it, and another one with the window textures on it?

I think we have a problem here :p

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The answer to your question is the very first post on page 3 of this thread Hedlund_90. :)

7. hangon

hangon Registered

is there a plugin for pshop for dds files for ati cards?

8. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

9. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Anyone know how to apply decals/paint the glass/windshield of the Vette? I want to put name/numbers on the windshield

For example in this pic in the lower part of the windshield

[​IMG]

EDIT: Well I got it to work for the outside. Others can see it, but I cant get it to work where it's seen from inside the cockpit.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
  10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Thanks!

11. Radar

Radar Registered

This alt extension works for Windows and Rims, but has anyone got it to work from a server ?? I can't seem to see the alt windows and rims uploading to the server, but all the files will work in single player..

Wondering if anyone got these extra components working in an online multiplayer environment.

12. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

Hello guys I started painting the renault megane trophy, and started with the 2012 TDS racing team (see picture) All I want to know is how to make your selfmade skin the default, so that I can make the complete 2012 season and that Offline the AI also uses the 2012 skins.

View attachment 6455

13. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

It's simply not supported at this point in time so you'll have to resort to alternate means of file sharing.
    ISI's Luc Van Camp addressed the matter in this post in another thread: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/10257-So-what-does-this-download-custom-skins-do post #19, para 3.

14. Radar

Radar Registered

Thank you Deadpedal.. I found the info later on in the night, but it's nice for others in the forum to know also.. just left my post up :)

15. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

I've recreated two more teams (team oregon and team lompech) so I now have a total of 6 custom skins based on the real 2012 season. And I really want those skins become the deafult ones so I could recreate a 2012 season race, so please if someone(Tim?) knows how teach me!

Eureka, found the megane2009 team.mas file, changed the .dds files with my own and renamed them to the original... save file and voila! will upload a short race.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
  16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Does this work for you??? No trouble with the manifests?

17. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

I hope the following pictures clear things up, in the mas file utility open the team mas file. Next delete (ctrl-X) the original skin files (M2009_01.DDS etc.) and than put the new files in but fhirst name them the same M2009_01.DDS etc. then save the file and you're good to go.
    View attachment 6481 View attachment 6482

EDIT: This is working offline but gives online mismatching. So do not use this methode unless it's for offline racing. Hoping to see this problem fixed in next update(s)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
  18. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Nothing wrong with the game. I wonder how that works offline.
    You have to build your own component for the edited megane mod.

19. Twista

Twista Registered

Could you do a tutorial on it, Tosch? I'm useless with everything but Photoshop. :rolleyes:

20. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

Minitutorial en Castellano para incorporar vuestras texturas de los coches al juego y poderlo compartir con los demás pilotos fácilmente en http://www.speedinlive.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5430

Mis primieros pinitos de un coche en desarrollo para mi compañero de equipo.

[​IMG]