Packing vmod with updates

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Wishmaster, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

I have create some update to cars with custom livery and small physic changes. Also the track has some minor adjustments. So far i had no problems creating a vmod. But since i have updated to Build 946 i have problems.

When packaging to vmod i do everything as always. When i install the mod with the mas tool everything works fine. I can start the game with the correct liverys and the track.
    But when i am installing the vmod with the mod manager like all the drivers need to do i have different scenarios. In on all cars are avialable but the track crashs when loading. And in the second only cars without update are available, the custom cars are missing and the track crashes when loading.

I allready tried different build. In old installtions and fresh ones.

Has anyboy an idea how i can solve this situation.

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

When you say "Mod Manager", or you referring to ModMgr or the new Mod Manager that is built into the Launcher? The old ModMgr will automatically uninstall old components when you install new ones but it isn't supposed to do this on update components because the update depends on the old version. Older versions of ModMgr had a bug where this exception wasn't happening. So it broke updates. But this was fixed in 910 (If I remember correctly). But it's possible the new MM in the Launcher isn't handling updates correctly. I haven't tested an update in the new launcher. It's possible you just spotted a bug.

3. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

With "Mod Manager" i mean normally to old ModMgr. But the behaviour is the same with the new Mod Manager. I also tried packaging in other builds. Its not working with 798, 910, 930 and 946.
    Sometimes i have to prolbem that the orignial cars and not the updates ones are in the mod.
    It worked a week ago with build 930 or 910. But since i made a parallel install from 946 it seems to be broken for all builds.