Packages on other HDD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by arneschoonvliet, Sep 30, 2015.

1. arneschoonvliet

arneschoonvliet Registered

Is it possible to have al my packages to be saved on an other HDD and let the game look for the mods on that HDD. I'm running multiple builts (VEC) atm and with the new builts you can go in the launcher and select the folder where to look for packages. But when you are in the server list and would like to join the server the game will search for the mods in the documents/Built/package folder (default place). Is there a way the game will look in my seperate HDD if I have the mod. When I have the mod that the game will install it from that HDD. If I don't have it the game will download the mod and safe it in my seperate HDD.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

In launcher theres a box-symbol "content" (second from above).
    In that window you can see at the bottom a line where you can assign your wished folder.

3. arneschoonvliet

yeah I know but when in the server list and select a server the game keeps looking for that data in the data folder (documents/built/packages) and not in the other place I selected. I want it to be automatic and don't need to check it by myself if I have that mod

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Aaah, ja. Got it! I know this. In folder UserData\Player theres a Multiplayer.JSON:
    "Multiplayer Server Options":{
    "HTTP Server Document Root":"Packages",
    "HTTP Server Document Root#":"Document root for HTTP server. This path is relative to path stored in data.path. data.path located in root install path",

Does this work?

5. arneschoonvliet

isn't this something for when you are hosting and you want people to download your stuff from the get mod. So you say where the packages are located?

6. crz

crz Registered

Create a symlink pointing to the packages directory on your other hard drive:

Example:

mklink /D Documents\rFactor2\Packages D:\rf2_packages

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yeah, you could be right! But I swear one time I saw a line in one of these JSONs that defined that.....but where....

8. arneschoonvliet

Well that is actually a good idea! I only thought there was some line or setting I could change so the game does it for me and not a windows setting! But thanks, going to have a look how that works!