Packages directory difficulty

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Saabjock, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Anybody else ever see this issue, wherein the Packages directory location is not accepted?
    I've done a completely new installation and can again launch the Mod Manager.
    The issue now, is that on browsing to and selecting the location of the Packages folder (with the option at the bottom of the page), MM closes and retains the original location. It will not retain the new location of the folder.
    The decision to completely remove RF2 and do a clean installation of B.880L, was prompted by issues with MM intermittently not opening in my B.860 installation.
    The game itself did run fine in all versions....just the MM was problematic.
    My Packages folder is kept outside of the RF2 directory for safety reasons and then referenced for game use. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
  2. zerocool

zerocool Registered

I had this problem. You can delete the registry key below and it will rescan and "remember" the new location when you next launch the MM.

Delete: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Image Space Incorporated\rFactor2 Mod Manager

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I had this too in the past.
    I think when you choose the directory it jumps back to default,
    but now the other Dir is in the list. You can choose it and then it sticks.
    (When I remember correctly)

4. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Thanks Zerocool.
    I found the entry and deleted it, but I still can't get it to accept the location.
    I could drag the Packages folder into RF2 and overwrite the one created during install, but I like keeping it separate.