Package not available on serverlist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Manson110, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

Is there a path to set a file or something? I made a vmod and a dedicated server and others coundnt download it on server list in rf2. is there a way to fix this? i tried ca 10 times an created a new vmod, install in an extern folder> then i copy it in rf2 an run. no problems. server run. Ports are set (simulation and HTTP). Should i set something into Core folder?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is it in the Packages folder?

3. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

yes *.rfmod is in packages. Manifests and /Installed/rfm folder is also a file of my mod. is this only with GETMOD possible? or is there a other solution?

4. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

When i try to extract my MAS File from RFM Folder from my vmod with MAS2.exe it doesnt work. unable to open mas file. What did i wrong with my vmod? File compressed>None

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Why MAS-file from rfm-folder?? You have nothing to do there!
    How big (in kb) is your vmod (rfmod file format)?

6. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

38 kb is the rfmod file.

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Jo, that´s normal....you´re shure you´ve checked no components that your friends don´t own/have installed?

8. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

the cars and tracks are the same we use. i only collect some cars and tracks in a vmod.

9. stonec

stonec Registered

rfmod should always download automatically for everyone. Are you sure you didn't include the components (car+track) inside rfmod? You should normally only reference the components in rfmod, not make them part of rfmod.

GetMod links are only needed for modded content that don't already have one. Though if your friends already have the mod, it shouldn't matter.

10. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

I made a mod package with 8 cars and ca 12 tracks. i dont use any other components

11. stonec

stonec Registered

It's generally not a good idea to make rfmods with that many cars and tracks. Then you basically rely on your friends having pre-downloaded all 8 cars and 12 tracks, because if they miss just one (and that track doesn't come with getmod URL), then it will throw the "package not found" error. In the old rF2 interface you could actually see which cars/tracks you were missing, the new interface is poor in that it doesn't show the missing component. So the more components you have, the more likely it will cause problems.

12. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Can you join the server?
    If so, I would try uninstalling and deleting the vmod from packages folder (move it to desktop).
    Then I would try to enter the server to see if it downloads and installs the vmod. If it does the problem is likely not to be the vmod not downloading.
    I think that your problem is that other content is missing for the other drivers and it cannot install the vmod.

13. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

Its only possible when i send him my package file. All Contents are installed. I tryed some vmods what i created but its never downloadable in the rfactor game browser. One time i had a hosting provider and a rfactor 2 server and there was no problem with downloading inGame. I used there the same Files (only older). I think my Rfactor 2 isnt enough adjusted for hosting. What exactly is ORIGIN? ( scratch, conversion , composite)?

14. Manson110

Manson110 Registered

Should i Bind IP? Is that necessary when i Host sessions?