SOLVED Package install problem

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by MarcusarilliuS_IRL, Sep 29, 2013.

1. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

MarcusarilliuS_IRL Registered

I had everything installed and it was working fine until I tried the F2. No track would load and I saw there was an error with the F2 mod, so I uninstalled it.
    I re-downloaded the file and placed it in packages as normal, but no matter what I try the mod manager is just not seeing it.
    Any idea how to remedy this?
    Don't feel like installing everything again.

After I install each mod I delete the files from the package folder as I didn't see the need to bloat the install dir too much.

Cheers,

Mark.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
  2. TMoney

TMoney Registered

I don't know if this could be related but I had an issue trying to install the F2 mod when I had the content build installed. It said missing Malaysia v1.2 even though I had the latest version already installed (however I think it was included in the content build so there was no other mod file to recognize?). After removing rF2 and installing the Lite build with all cars and tracks it worked fine.

If the mod manager isn't seeing it at all make sure the package directory is correct and I would check View: Mods and components at top of mod manager to be sure. Also try deleting it and re-download if the file extension got changed somehow.

PS: There are 3 files that should be installed with the F2 v1.41 mod.

- F2 (sound)
    - F2_2012_Talent (talent)
    - formula2_car (vehicle)

3. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

MarcusarilliuS_IRL Registered

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't get it to work. Had to backup the install folder, then delete and re-install rFactor 2 lite, then copy back in the install folder and place the F2 file in packages folder and it finally showed up allowing me to install it.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You were using a MASSIVELY out of date F2 mod, which should be deleted and replaced with the SINGLE F2 file on our downloads page. The three files are inside the 1. But the one asking for Malaysia is from WELL before that. :) The extension didn't get changed 'somehow', the mod was released new, and the old one should have been deleted.