Pace Car custom path & Yellow Flag custom Pit path

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Fabio Pittol, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

After reading Scott's AIW documentation I came across two questions regarding some oval racing peculiarities that maybe can get a ride with the AI code improvement.

In fact, what I'm about to suggest seems to need just a little amount of work, since all the basics are actual features of AIW system.

Well, let's get to the point.

The first is the ability to set a custom Pace Car path. Simply because on some tracks, specially ovals, the Pace Car won't park by the pit lane. Instead they do a little driving through access road/garage area and finally parks somewhere safer. I though as pit path works joining branches with main race line, this path could easily make the same with the pit path, as pictured bellow.

[​IMG]

The other one is the ability to simulate the pit rules on Bristol Motor Speedway. Where during Green Flag there are 2 separate pits, with its own pit path (it already can be done using 1st and 2nd pit paths I suppose), but during Yellow Flags it uses a full pit path going through bot pits. That's something that could be done with, for example, an custom path later referenced on track's GDB file.

[​IMG]