Osw ffb and sensitivity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pablo11, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

Hi .
    I have osw simcube.
    How to set steering sensitivity in game with this wheel 50% or 100% ? I have to say that with 50% the wheel does not feel right too me like is too loose at the center but i have read somewhere that is 1:1 with 50% sensitivity .
    Also my second question is should i 100% ffb in mmos and then lower in the game or shuld i be 1 ffb mult in game and lower forces in mmos?
    If i go 100% in mmos and 1.0 in game the wheel is to strong undrivible.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  2. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

If you are talking about the steering sensitivity setting that is on "controls" page among throttle,brake and clutch sensitivity, you should leave that to 100%. People here talk about Steering Torque Sensitivity, which is not the same as steering sensitivity. Steering torque sensitivity can be adjusted from controller text file which is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData.
    But imo you shouldn't need to adjust STS if using OSW. Might be different story with accuforce or some cheaper wheels, which might not have linear torque response. Atleas for my OSW the default STS 1 works the best.

To the second question. I use 100% in mmos and lower the in game ffb multi.
    Yes 100% in mmos and 1.0 in game is probably too much. I mostly use something like 0.2-0.3 ffb multi with 29 Nm osw and g27 rim.

3. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

Yes i was talking about steering sensitivity setting in controls . Thats what i though 100% is the way
    I will test with mmos 100% force and see how it feels .
    Thank you Korva