Organize Online Game Presentation

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by rer8, Jun 8, 2015.

1. rer8

rer8 Registered

I frequently want to drive a specific car or track. It is rare for the specific car or track name to be clearly listed in the list of available online games. I have an idea that might simplify the process for the Vmod maker as well as the player who wants to drive the BT20 on the Atlanta MP track. When the mod is made the "Race Series" should be simply the name of the car mod (or the first if more than one car is selected), and circuit name should be simply the name of the first listed circuit (when more than one circuit is included) in the Vmod. This could be accomplished programmatically by a skillful programer. Finally the "Vmod builder" could write his desired game name. It might look something like this:

Game Name: ! ! Favorite Game Name
    Race Series: ISI_Brabham_BT20_1966-v1.60
    Circuit: ISI_AtlantaMP_2014-v100

(sorry, I was unable to make it look like the actual table)

Obviously it may be necessary to truncate some of the names with a maximum number of characters. The advantage would be common language on naming the Race Series and the Circuit. Sorting for the BT 20 would be simple and precise, as would sorting for the desired circuit or game name.

Noel's excellent GetModMgr might possibly be the tool to accomplish this but I have not contacted him or anyone else about my idea.

It is my hope that ISI or Noel might like my idea. I think the community would enjoy a method of presenting currently available online games in a clear, concise, and complete manner.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24948-rFactor2-Series-Creator-(UI-for-creating-vmods)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015