Oreca 07 Upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John R Denman, Nov 9, 2020.

1. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

The Oreca seems to have some improvements recently. I haven't driven them for several months and thought I'd give them a whirl at Bahrain. Wow.

Top speeds are a bit higher like its become a bit more slippery. Lap times are faster. Balance feels a bit different in Suspension area. Feels like a little more reserve in the tires at limits; tractability and feedback much better.

Downshifting doesn't feel quite so uncomfortable for those of us who blip the throttle for rev match. While the electronics may control the throttle, precision throttle control previously felt totally disconnected during a downshift. Those little interrupts could be particularly unsettling dropping to low gears entering an apex at threshold braking....Now it feels right.

OK so maybe all this was previously mentioned so I did some searching and didn't find much.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks Guys!

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Hopefully the differences you are noticing are due to improvements from data acquired during the 24hr Virtual race and testing with the VEC leagues. So looking for updates, focus on those after June 2020. That might narrow the change list. I know the GTE cars have undergone more than a couple of BOP type updates, I can't recall if the Oreca also benefited.

3. benborp

benborp Registered

It would be nice if there was somewhere that listed the progression of updates for store bought items.
    Even a list of version numbers would be some use; then we could search third party sites for details of physics updates, BoP changes and altered set-up parameters and make painstaking comparisons to find out what has been altered on the car.
    Seeing as S397 reveals changes to the Oreca under GTE BoP announcements, or physics updates or track updates or announcements of new events or upgrades to the Endurance Pack you haven't a hope of finding the information here.
    S397 puts huge effort into producing and refining a precise representation of a modern car and then gives it to us in a closed box which we are allowed to rattle.