Oreca 07 steering angle vs animation mismatch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by haasje33, Aug 20, 2022.

1. haasje33

haasje33 Registered

The steering animation of the Oreca 07 is still at 450 degrees, while the current steering angle is only 336 degrees after the update.

2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

there are some weird things with wheel rotation...not the only one issue

3. Roaster

Roaster Registered

hi, I am new to rfactor and have found it a bit hard to get used to. just purchased the oreca . at first it wouldnt chane gear and steer and now it just spins out in the pit lane. I was driving the caterham yesterday just fine. is this game broken or am I doimg something wrong ?

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

you are doing something wrong. But if you can drive the Caterham, then at least you understand the basics. But I'll start at the beginning. First, are you using a controller, wheel, or keyboard? You have to assign all the commands needed to drive and those are the throttle, brake, clutch(or turn on auto clutch), steering, ignition, starter, & the Pitlane speed limiter, those commands will get you moving, but there are a lot of other commands you can look at later. At some point, once you get everything else figured out, you'll want to adjust your mirror so make sure the seat commands are assigned as well.
    rF2 starts in the garage/pit area with the pit lane speed limiter engaged so if you are driving the Oreca you shouldn't have to worry about that UNTIL you reach the end of the pit lane. Then press the Pit Lane Speed Limiter button you assigned to let the car loose.
    If you are spinning while in the pits with the Pit Lane Speed Limiter engaged, then you probably haven't calibrated your brake and throttle pedals/buttons/keys.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

First, consider buying one of the packs rather than a single car, as it's cheaper that way and if you join any online racing you'll need to own all cars that everyone is using on the server (You have a 48 hour refund window through steam)

For the car, it's not really clear what's going wrong for you, in order to diagnose. I notice also that your previous thread regarding paddle shifting in the caterham you didn't give an update - which is fine, but communication is key.

So, spinning out in the pitlane could just be you trying to apply too much power while turning at an acute angle. We don't know how proficient you are in sims that don't make things easy like some other games do. The Caterham is very low power so won't spin as easily.

Augh! Ninja'd by Dave!

6. Roaster

Roaster Registered

I am not touching any controls. and car just pulls away and spins out. gonna give up on rfactor for now. Thanks anyway. i like to think I am pretty good at Acc I seem to do pretty well in the lobbys.just thought I would try rfactor but cant be botherd now. Kind regards Adrian

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sounds like you have auto pitlane on and the AI is spinning the car.

rF2 takes some patience. If you come back please ask here for any issues you have. In the meantime refund that car if you're still able to.