OR & GTX1060?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Greg23, Jun 1, 2018.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Pisses you off that much you post something that is specific to you,and not what the thread was about or even relevant to the ops scenario lol.

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

"@Greg23 (OP)is fine with 16 gb (VR)" indeed.

"what the thread was about or even relevant to the ops scenario lol" o_O

Do you remember PCIe@2.0 x 16 vs PCIe@3.0 x 16 discussion ? I don`t think you still believe that PCIe@2.0 x 16 has worse performance than PCIe@3.0 x 16 if you do you did never admitted that you was wrong.

Don`t waste your time to reply, you are added to my ignore list :D

3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Grow up ari,someone can see through your agenda and doesn’t agree with you so you ignore,typical snowflake

when I joined that pcie discussion I thought people were saying pcie 2.0 vs 3.0 was way worse as a blanket statement and not specific to rf2,I admitted that.

But it seems you just want to hear what you want to hear,and then use settings that no one in the real world would use on a daily basis to just push your agenda,41 ai cars in the rain lol

My windows used 1.3gb no where near 4gb,sorry if this offends you,but again it was nothing to do with you

We can see what you’re doing

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

No, the fish I was looking for is caught and is in my freezer :D. If you wonder who I meant, just look how the guy is spamming @Skan looking for the fight and It is not the first time, he has done that many times against me and many other people in this forum. One other thing is that if you look closer what he post you can see that the guy has 0 knowledge about hardware and how PC is working and should just zip it.:confused:

I have also VR and it is like you say 8gb stutters, 16gb is running fine and is plenty for rfactor in VR. I also agree your statement: "People who experience stuttering either are having a page file destroying the slow HDD or have a computer with multiple garbage software installed in the background. Unfortunately the lack of knowledge these days is high."

:)

5. Greg23

Greg23 Registered

My notifications got turned off somehow. Looks like I missed a lot (hijack :) ). It's all good. Thanks for the info. The OR checker just confirmed what I already knew from checking the written specs but good to know anyway.

Anybody have a graphics load list handy? There should be a sticky somewhere but I didn't see one - or maybe I just didn't look that hard.

GrimDad likes this.
  6. Depco

Depco Registered

To the original poster...

My specs are
    AMD FX 8320 overclock to 4GHz
    XFX R9 290 4GB
    16 GB DDR3 memory

I generally and running 45 frames per second in my Oculus Rift. Some tracks are better than others and some mods are better than others in maintaining those frame rates. The specs that you posted in your original question will run VR just fine. But in rfactor 2 I would expect that you'll be at 45 frames per second.

Greg23 likes this.
  7. lagg

lagg Registered

A league mate has a similar pc and uses his Oculus almost every day, but in rF2 the content is very important.
    You'll have to use well optimised content and in most cases lowering the detail and textures.

Greg23 likes this.
  8. Greg23

Greg23 Registered

Thanks @lagg & @Depco. I found a couple of threads rating some of the graphics load items.

9. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

In case anyone is still wondering, going from 16GB to 32GB for gaming is a big waste of money:

Performance is this game is mostly limited by the GPU and the PCIe link, more ram when you already have enough (16gb) wont give you much more than a couple more FPS. If you have extra money to spend is better to use it to get a better GPU or CPU, in that order.