option to lock onboard camera to horizon

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by tking, Jul 8, 2014.

1. tking

tking Registered

For me, it would be great if only the car shakes instead of the world. The plugin for real head motion does a fare job; but, doesn't seem to work on the 64 bit exe. (I love rFactor2; but, I have to say Assetto Corsa does a pretty good job on this and view setup in general.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    Cote Dazur likes this.
  2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

setting "head movement" to zero should work, no?

3. tking

tking Registered

No!

Cote Dazur likes this.
  4. lopsided

lopsided Registered

If it wasn't for RealHeadMotion I don't think I could handle it, like you I need the horizon steady, the car can bounce however it likes.
    BTW, did you attempt adjusting the settings within the plugin to further customize the effects?

5. tking

tking Registered

I don't think the new plugin even loads for the 64bit exe. Works on 32bit; but not 64bit. The plugin icon at the upper left doesn't appear and then fade away. Also pretty obvious when driving. You would think that a plugin wouldn't be necessary for this type view setup.

6. CoNa

CoNa Registered

Any ideas on this? For single driver events I use "real head motion", but that does not work when I drive in a team with driver swaps. ( doing endurance racing with 24 hours in a week)
    When I drive as anything but first driver, the plugin fails. The same goes for simvibe,( but simxperiance say it will be fixed with their new update)

Someone told me to reset the plugin, but I do not know how. Tried hardware plugin reset, but that did nothing.
    Is there any way to fix this please? It's extremely hard for me to drive without this plugin, or at least some similar solution.

7. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

I use the plugin on 64bit here. But it took a lot of trial an error, copying, pasting and renaming DLLs.

The plugin is a must-have. It's amazing rF2 doesn't work like that by default. It would be nice (specially for newcomers and non-hardcore users) if ISI did their built-in version of the feature.

8. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

using the plugin also but it was just an easy drop it into plugins folder for me.

4 options to choose from and one is locktohorizon but I think you already know this.

which version are you using?

9. CoNa

CoNa Registered

I have no problems with the plugin, other that it stops working when you do driver swaps.
    As it does not work with driverswaps, I need to find an alternative solution. Or somehow reset the software plugin when I have done the swap and taken over the control from the other driver.
    Using the latest 1.0.3 and it's just so great and easy to use.

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I agree this is needed at default option in rF2, especially since some may not even realize that this is what is giving them a headache and then complain on forums how rF2 "looks" terrible, etc. because they don't even realize it. I've gotten used to it sortof I guess but recently I switched to another game and back and couldn't handle it anymore. Ended up using TV cam view and adjusting camera back to cockpit LOL. I used to use head motion plugin but saw it wasn't working in 64 bit and also have been burned in the past when it didn't load right as I was on the grid for a very important league race and then the camera was locked to my car :eek: because the real head motion plugin requires that existing motion or whatever to be zero'd out. Had to run the entire first race looking down at the road as much as I could and by second race I was just spent and could barely finish. I vowed never again to use that plugin but now that I only race offline I can now use it again or just keep moving camera from TV cockpit view which is probably better since I am trying to avoid running plugins and instead trying to run rF2 out of the box as possible.

11. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

working in 64bit now,1.0.3

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1 this should be an option. Some will prefer it; others will not. But by providing both (this and current), everyone should be happy.

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Registered

I read trough the thread but still not sure, how do you lock to horizon in RF2? I drive in VR and lock to horizon is a must for me.

14. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

Have you tried using the RealHeadMotion plugin?

Also, I recently noticed a new option on the menu (near the Head Movement slider) that sounds something in the likings, but since the plugin is installed and working fine here (no VR), I can't state for sure.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Registered

Yes I have tried RHM before, it does not do lock horizon. Some like it, I don't.
    I have tried al the sliders, none do lock to horizon, they all restrict world movement.
    I am sure it will be available at one point, I racing has it, so does Ac, even PCars can do it.
    In VR it is very important.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I have zero interest in plug-ins

this problem is really only noticeable on poor 3rd party tracks when it feels as though some fireman has left his hose across the track ( also makes my motion rig pretty much jump off the ground )

17. blagger

blagger Registered

This is the thing that is still missing in the VR implementation. For me it is really important to have lock to horizon in VR.