Optimal Video and display settings for i5 2500K and ATI HD 7970

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by B1K3R, Apr 7, 2012.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thank you Spinelli...ho forse meglio, Grazie! ;)

I did in fact try to overclock a bit yesterday, not by much, just 50 up. I did not try more tbh. I then tested in rFactor2 and if it made a difference, it was small. With all max, FPS did not go down below 30 and was averaging 60 (and that includes with 20 cars on the grid when it was at its lowest 30).

Cheers

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

anyone got any tips for a newbie to the ATi CCC (Catalyst Control Center) please?
    Having just got a 7850 and upped the graphics settings I need to start tweaking, but as I've been an nVidia user for many years it might take me too long to get used to the CCC from the start, so to save time any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks chaps & chapesses :)

3. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

i ran i5 2500k with nvidia 560ti.. 1920x1080, and getting 50+fps. Each of the last nvidia driver releases have given me 20+% framerate increases.. I assume you have the latest drivers ?

Only other thought is your PC is throttling itself due to heat ?? Maybe ??? Is your cpu runnning hot in game ? I run everything max'd

4. mxstud

mxstud Registered

i really dont see why you cant run this game with everything maxed out, i run EVERYTHING ON, except vsync in game, i use d3doverrider from riva tuner tools, with triple buffering, and i have no issues at all running this game over 60fps in any situation, even with 20+ ai's i would double check all your drivers are up to date, then see what others with simalir gpu's are running the game, yes i have sli'ed 470's but that should roughly equal out to be the same as your amd im guessing, although looking at benchmarks might provide a better answer as to the quality of your gpu.....

Edit: i had a quick idea, you should double check to make sure that your cpu is not bottlenecking your gpu, its likely a far fetched idea, but it may explain it...

5. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

d3doverrider? to be fair with SLI your always have a better fps than any single card. One card doing half a screen while the other the other half! yeah your expect 60+ everything!

must get another 7950!

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You have enough room for it?!! :p

7. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

Thats a very good question! if i didn't clock they would be fine!

8. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

100%, the FPS rate obtained is laughable considering the image quality. There's something very wrong...

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

anyone? been messing with the AA settings for the past half hour and cant seem to get everything 'smooth' so to speak, any tweaks or helpful tips?

10. paarma

paarma Registered

For better looking rF2:
    - Change the Start time to 7:30 AM/PM. Default settings dosent look good and driving early/late hours will make your game much better looking.

-Do you have white headlights like this->
    [​IMG]

Same setting but shaders copied from build:49->
    [​IMG]

If you have white headlights you could Install Build:49 to another location and compare it to build:69 . There is huge difference in my computer how the game looks with "working" shaders.
    Here is how to fix it-> I have build 49 and 69 installed on my computer.

Build 49:
    - Disable HDR, Shadow blur, road&environment reflections and crowd animations for now. Drive one lap with Meganes @ MillĀ“s Motorpark.
    - copy the content of Shaders folder.For example-> D:\rFactor2_B49\UserData\Log\Shaders
    I have over 70 small files there.

Build 69:
    -Make sure your graphics settings are same as build 49. Dont use HDR or FXAA for now.
    - remove the files located in Shaders folder.
    - paste the build 49 files to Shaders folders
    - If you have black screen on the track-> delete the content of the shaders folder and rerun the game. Build 69 shaders have been restored.

Try different settings but some of them will result in black screen when you try to drive. Menu works normally.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012