Opinions please

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by RCRacing, Jan 25, 2013.

1. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

2. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Yes. :)

3. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Yes...It would/should work OK.

The only thing I would recommend, If you can afford it in your new system budget, Throw extra ram into the build.

I am running 32gb , FX-8350 in a Asus Crosshair V formula. It just plays with rF2.

Only complaint...Oh does it run hot!!

I have it liquid cooled and 2-230x230mm case fans with 3 120mm...when it gets rolling along racing...there is some serious heat being exhausted. LOL

Also I installed the O/S (Win7 x64) on a OCZ 180 solid state drive..and took 90 of it and created a ram drive.

No bottle necks

The above that you showed us is a good deal. I buy all my stuff from:http://www.ncix.com

You might want to price out the same there also as an option. I have found that there pricing is usually $20-$30.00 cheaper than Tiger & Newegg.

Just a thought.

Like I said...if you can add more ram to the above system...you will be a real happy camper.

Keep us informed if you will.

Dave

4. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Tx for the replies guys. 16 gigs seems like a lot of ram but will see how much another 16 is. Guess more the merrier. lol :) Definitly wanna be a happy camper Dave. Tx will check that other site too.

5. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

You're welcome.

6. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I would go with another 8GB of ram and a good SSD for the O/S alone. Everything else I'd load on a regular HD.
    Thing will load a bit faster.
    32GB is not necessary unless you are doing very intense CAD or large amounts of photo and video editing.