Opinions on Assetto Corsa Physics (1.4)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by PearceYaussy, Jan 2, 2016.

1. 72stock

72stock Registered

from what I've heard these conversions use the full laser scan mesh, have you seen these tracks and looked at the mesh yourself?

2. QUF

QUF Registered

When the person who converted the scanned nordschleife from ac to rf2 says:
    "Seeing the original road mesh, it's easy to see what are the top priorities with AC, and they are not physics, but visuals. The 22.8km track, had a total of 33k verts total. That's awfully low. So AC can spend more horsepower on the graphics than rF2, which simulates a lot more things than AC does. It's surprising tho how good the feedback is in AC considering the low resolution mesh."

To me is quite clear the person who converted the track used the visual mesh, which has way less than the mesh built on the laser scan. However yea, is possible the person who converted Spa didn't do the same as the person who converted nordschleife.

However when Gonzo said in this thread, on page 7: "To which platform has their spa being converted and how is the quality? Codemasters conversions in rf2 looked disappointing." To me it seemed like he was not happy with the conversion quality.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Like Cadwell looks lovely feels like a pos.

4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

The Nordschleife converter is an amateur and have no clue what he is talking about.
    20832m x 8m (average width of Nords) / 33000 = ~5.05 per square meter. If he thinks that that is the physics mesh, well that's his prerogative.

Stop converting without permission assholes!

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

You are going way too far calling Forum members names Mr. Mod-police officer!
    Stop this!
    If you don´t like that, don´t use it! Simple as that!

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Ah yes Pleclair, The very same man who spent 1000s of hours to bring us the Nords that Tosch and DJC took over when he burned out... Complete amateur of course.
    You are just embarrassing yourself Golanv.

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

No wonder he left this community for good. Even back when he was active that was the kind of stuff he had to listen to, and way worse too. No gratitude, just self entitled nonsense. No wonder he got exhausted and had to quit in the end.

8. 72stock

72stock Registered

just had a look and there are 393000+ verts in the road surface alone, maybe it was a typo

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No if you do not like it DONT LISTEN lol ? ;)

Rippers are A HOLES hehehe ;)

What do they have ESP ?

How do they know the orginal maker is not going to convert it to the same sim ?

Well ????

braindeads

10. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

A bit hypocritical that DD as only a couple of days ago you were posting screenshots using an illegal ripped track (Oulton Park) on this very forum.

11. QUF

QUF Registered

What are you talking about? I don't know his past work in modding, ok, but for illegally converting licensed content from other games into rf2 should get him gratitude?

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

No, you clearly don't. :)

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Under permission he converted the Ring originally made some 8-9 years ago by Com8 and brought tweaks, as he learned the process and improved over several months. The falling off was boiled down to a couple of individual "artistic" choices vs some clamoring for authenticity (despite the track layout and geometry being off, anyway) mostly driven by some roadside elevations implemented in the track, plus personal events which kept him away for ~3 months. There was no community embrace for the Assetto 'Ring whatsoever, in fact it was quite the opposite. His words were praising the accuracy and quality of the original work, but with great surprise regarding the detail of the road mesh but citing the differences in games and how they possibly interact, therefore not making a fuss of it.

14. QUF

QUF Registered

Thanks for listing his work, since you do know. But I also know that PRC shared Pleclair's converted ac to rf2 nordschleife link. Which means Pleclair had to upload the converted track to a hosting website, and then share the link. And you want people to give him gratitude? You can of course give him gratitude for his past work, hexagramme, since you know his work, but you're also giving him gratitude for his recent actions?

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh can I? Thank you very much QUF, I'm glad that was cleared up. :)

16. QUF

QUF Registered

Classic, dodging all arguments and only focusing on a set couple of words by trying to pass the image you are doing counter-arguments. When you're only just picking certain words and giving it a twist, without actually replying to the argument in my post. This is the 2nd post already, in this page.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Use the ignore button if my presence annoys you. :)

If anyone else disagrees with you, try not to make it personal and stick to the topic of the thread instead.
    Just some friendly advice.

Cheers. :)

18. stonec

stonec Registered

I've loaded the track in editor. It didn't use the full mesh, he either failed to understand that AC uses separate mesh for physics and graphics, or he wasn't able to convert the physics mesh to rF2 (AC physics mesh vertices are placed asymmetric which probably doesn't work with rF2 as it uses same mesh for graphics and physics). AC Nords physics mesh is more precise (in terms of resolution) than anything I've seen in rF2.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is he?

20. Minibull

Minibull Member

Doesn't rF2 still use an additional physical mesh too? For all the small micro stuff.