Opentrack with rF2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Francois Caratti, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Antmax

Antmax Registered

Just out of curiosity, have you tried with G-Sync turned off in the nvidia drivers. There is a small chance that the problem is the refresh rates of your tracker and the game. Mine seems to be much improved when I just move my headset around in the garage. So I'm hopeful that the headtracking will be ok now.

Have to hook up my wheelstand and see if the game still stutters when actually driving.

darkojovanoski1986 likes this.
  2. Antmax

Antmax Registered

I solved my problem. It was the software for my Razer Keyboard. It has a system booster called Cortex that optimizes your system by default when you start a game. Only in this case it must remove a service or does something that causes stutter in RF2. If I disable it then no stutter, no FFB weirness and a pretty smooth opentrack.

3. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

This is my first gsync monitor and I fiddeling around this. I noticed in Raceroom that if I turn gsync off and vsync off in game all is smooth, smoothest I ever seen. Removed rfactor 2 becouse I can't stand these stutters when panning left and right. Please can you test if it's better with gsync off?
    Out of curiosity, how it's possible to have gsync off, vsync off and have no screen tearing or stutters? I see this works awesome in Raceroom. Maybe it will work on rFactor 2?

4. Antmax

Antmax Registered

I know some people have found certain games don't like Gsync and run better without, or with Vsync and the ultra low latency setting in nvidia drivers.

Mine is pretty smooth but not perfect, if I move my head fast to extremes it feels like it is tracking at about 30fps compared to the games 60, but it is pretty smooth if I am looking normally towards the apex like you do in regular driving and with no tearing. For me it was all down to the Razer Cortex game booster interfering with the game though.

darkojovanoski1986 likes this.
  5. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

Hey mate. Installed rFactor 2 again yesterday. I found the way to get smooth headtracking, that is +90 fps! When game runs at 90 fps headtracking is smooth, every dip below that margin there are stutters even on gsync monitor. That number of fps is the same as required fps for VR. Sadly I can`t maintain that number of fps all the time in every scenario, I mean maybe I will but the would not look like rFactor any more, it will look like game from 90`s.
    If I don`t use head tracking the game is smooth even on 40 fps with gsync but If you want to look left or right then stutters appear. This issue is only present in rFactor, every other sim has smooth tracking even below 60 fps.
    Btw do you use opentrack normally or enable joystich controls and use free look in game?