Opentrack with rF2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Francois Caratti, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Francois Caratti

Francois Caratti Registered

Hello everyone! I've installed Opentrack but don't run with rFactor2. Can you help me? Many thanks for your answers!!!!
    Best regards

2. Francois Caratti

Nobody can answer me????

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't know what open track is.

4. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

It seems to me that it's a software that can track the movements of the head and transmit them to another application, such as iRacing or rFactor 2 for example. More or less what the TrackIR or the Audeze Mobius is capable of doing.

5. lagg

lagg Registered

It sounds to me that TrackIR was deprecated in rF2.
    Could be the same reason.

6. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Hi, I am using Opentrack with rFactor 2 and it works fine. I am using version 2.3.11 of Opentrack, have you checked to see if you have the latest version?
    The output is "freetrack 2.0 Enhanced" with "enable both" set in the protocol settings.

I hope this helps.

7. Francois Caratti

Thanks a lot for your answers!
    Indeed, a friend is using it and he has no problem, but we have not yet found the solution. The protocol is well respected and I have the latest version. Thanks again for your answers and I keep looking!

8. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I just had a thought, have you got the trackir plugin switched on in rF2 settings? Also do you have "Wait For All Plugins To Load":true set in your player.json file? I have it set to "true", if you don't maybe the plugin isn't loading in time. I use that setting because the "stock car rules" plugin wouldn't work for me until I did, its false by default.

I presume Opentrack is working correctly and you have it tracking your head movements outside of rF2.

I can't think of anything else that could be causing your issue. I hope you get it working!

9. Francois Caratti

Thanks a lot Digger! Trakir plugin wasn't switch on in rF2 setting. All is OK now!
    Thanks and have a nice day!!

Francois

10. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

No problems Francois, glad I could help. I fined using headtracking really helps my spatial awareness, especially when I use a realistic FOV on a smaller screen.

Mark

11. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Interesting I could not get it to work either. I have a TIR 4 so am using that camera but would prefer to use opentrack as I have a better visible light filter in the ps camera that I use with opentrack so the camera is better at filtering out background anomalies than the TIR camera, I will have another go.

12. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Really weird, it still is not working. TIR working fine, opentrack is tracking my head movements but nothing happens in game with opentrack but if I run TIR it works perfectly, DiggerHawk can you tell me more about your opentrack setting please? filters etc?
    Many thanks.

13. JamesB

JamesB Registered

I have set the wait for all plugins to load to be true and the TIR plugin is running anyway or TIR would not work. Would still prefer to be using opentrack though.

14. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Hi James,

If you have the plugin enabled in rF2 (like you said if it wasn't TIR wouldn't work) and it tracks your head outside of rF2 then I don't know what the issue could be.

My settings are:

Opentrack 2.3.12 portable, NOT running as administrator.
    Input = Point Tracker 1.1 (I don't think any settings would stop it working in rF2 if it works elsewhere)
    Output = freetrack 2.0 enhanced (interface = enable both, NPC Client location = not got a clue what that means)
    Filter = Accela (rotation = 2.25 deg, deadzone = 0 deg, position = I don't use, I only use two axis, yaw & pitch) (again these wouldn't affect it working)

Mapping = unless its no where near sensitive enough, wouldn't affect it working. I found I needed to go really sensitive with yaw & pitch because rF2 default turn rate for the drivers head is slow. Its all personal preference though.

options = (centre at startup = ticked) (never translate the app interface, enable tray and minimize to tray = unticked)

(shortcuts = personal preference, although have you got a button assigned to "stop tracking" that you accidentally press?)

Output = (Yaw = Yaw) (Pitch = Pitch) (Roll, X,Y,Z = Disabled)

Everything else is default.

The only thing I could think of other than not having the axis assigned correctly in output or a key assigned to "disable tracking" is, do you have freetrack installed as I am not sure if you can use that output protocol without it. I could be wrong though.

It could be a rF2 settings issue in player.json or are the controls for head movement in the controller settings. I didn't have to assign any controls myself so I can't see that being the issue.

Mark.

15. JamesB

JamesB Registered

OK, thanks Mark, I don't have freetrack installed so will have a look at that but I don't think that cam possibly be an issue as I have been using opentrack in other sims, just not RF2, thanks for your help, will keep messing, something will suddenly make it work!

16. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I just hard a thought, are you minimizing opentrack? maybe thats an issue.

Mark

17. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Mmm, not sure I may have done, I will leave it open on another monitor and see what happens, not until tomorrow now though

18. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Mark, thanks for your help, I got it working, It was only trying to use freetrack as the output, you have enable both set, (freetrack and TIR) however it would not give me that option! so I switched to enable TIR and disable freetrack which it would do and now it works. The giveaway was that it was not saying "rfactor" at the top of the opentrack window, it said unknown game so I guessed that the output was incompatible, anyway, setting up a few deadzones now and tweaking the calibration but its working.

19. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

That's great you got it working. I wonder why it wouldn't let you have both output protocols enabled, like you said it works fine with me. I presume for me its just using the TIR protocol anyway, as I don't think rF2 has a freetrack plugin for it to use.

Good luck setting your deadzones and curves. I think there is a built in deadzone in rF2 so I haven't got one set in the filter or mapping curves. I also found I need it quite sensitive with rF2 default head turning rate. There is a setting in the player.json that sounds like it could affect the rate in which the head camera moves in rF2, but I haven't experimented with it yet.

Mark

20. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I thought I would post back here that I may have found (well googled) an important setting for those of us that use head tracking in rF2.

In your player.json file change;

"Glance Rate":7,
    "Glance Rate#":"Rate to follow controller for glancing",

to

"Glance Rate":100,
    "Glance Rate#":"Rate to follow controller for glancing",

This seems to remove the speed limit on head movement, instead of limiting it for those that look left and right using a keypress. Maybe its just a placebo but I think it works. I now feel when I move my head there is less delay in the view moving in game. I haven't tried other values, but I guess 100 means full speed with 0 being slowest.

Please tell me what you think, maybe you already new this anyway.

Mark

Antmax likes this.